IndiaDivine.org

Are you willing to shed two hundred gallons of blood for every individual ?

Rate this topic

krsna

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

for those really hard quoted words expressed by His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati....check your dictionary ..

now back to the spirit of the inquiry

how would that help anything?

and forgive me for my ingorance, but whats a corpus?

isnt blood material,if so, how would that help the spirit in any way.

Or does this just mean willingness to sacrifice?

Yes; it's a figurative expression, an invitation to give everything you have and more for other's spritual benefit. (Corpus is Latin for "body," so you can understand that's used figuratively, too.)

Spiritual life is the ultimate aesthetic experience, and discussion of spiritual life is full of figurative language, since one of the qualities of a devotee is poetic vision and expression.

• 1 year later...

Yes; it's a figurative expression, an invitation to give everything you have and more for other's spritual benefit. (Corpus is Latin for "body," so you can understand that's used figuratively, too.)

Spiritual life is the ultimate aesthetic experience, and discussion of spiritual life is full of figurative language, since one of the qualities of a devotee is poetic vision and expression.

The pure devotee sings the pure sound vibrations coming from the pure land of Krsnaloka.:pray:

I wish that every selfless, tender-hearted person of Gaudiya Math will be prepared to shed two hundred gallons of blood for the nourishment of the spiritual corpus of every individual of this world.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Thakura

Is that like when Kirtanananda's people would get paid to donate blood? Two hundred gallons would be about 1,600 trips to the blood bank, assuming a pint at a time; it would take 30 years of weekly visits to comply with Srila Bhaktisiddhanta's request. But I suppose Bhaktisiddhanta had a good idea, certainly compared to how the traveling "sankirtana" parties raised their money sometimes

Is that like when Kirtanananda's people would get paid to donate blood? Two hundred gallons would be about 1,600 trips to the blood bank, assuming a pint at a time; it would take 30 years of weekly visits to comply with Srila Bhaktisiddhanta's request. But I suppose Bhaktisiddhanta had a good idea, certainly compared to how the traveling "sankirtana" parties raised their money sometimes

Here's a good example of how some persons holding "a superficial aquaintance with Krsna Consciousness" relate the absolute ideal to their failed experiences in the mundane and relative world.