IndiaDivine.org

If one patiently hears about the glories of Mahaprabhu one will learn the essence

Rate this topic

krsna

DISTRIBUTING SRI CAITANYA CARITAMRTA

The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu are the topmost of jewels. They have been kept in the storehouse of Svarüpa Dämodara Goswami, who has explained them to Raghunätha däsa Goswami, who has repeated them to me. Whatever little I have heard from Raghunätha däsa Goswami I have described in this book, which is presented to all devotees

The direct disciple of Srila Krsnadasa Kaviräja Goswami was Srila Narottama däsa Thakura, who accepted Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti as his servitor. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura accepted Srila Jagannätha däsa Babaji, who initiated Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, who in turn initiated Srila Gaurakisora däsa Babaji, the spiritual master of Om Vishnupada Srila Bhaktisiddhänta Sarasvati Goswami Mahäräja, the divine master of our humble self.

Since we belong to this chain of disciplic succession from Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu, this edition of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta will contain nothing newly manufactured by our tiny brains, but only remnants of food originally eaten by the Lord Himself. Lord Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu does not belong to the mundane plane of the three qualitative modes. He belongs to the transcendental plane beyond the reach of the imperfect sense perception of a living being. Even the most erudite mundane scholar cannot approach the transcendental plane unless he submits himself to transcendental sound with a receptive mood, for in that mood only can one realize the message of Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu. What will be described herein, therefore, has nothing to do with the experimental thoughts created by the speculative habits of inert minds. The subject matter of this book is not a mental concoction but a factual spiritual experience that one can realize only by accepting the line of disciplic succession described above. Any deviation from that line will bewilder the reader's understanding of the mystery of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, which is a transcendental literature meant for the postgraduate study of one who has realized all the Vedic scriptures such as the Upanishads and Vedanta-sutra and their natural commentaries such as Srimad-Bhägavatam and the Bhagavad-gita. This edition of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta is presented for the study of sincere scholars who are really seeking the Absolute Truth. It is not the arrogant scholarship of a mental speculator but a sincere effort to serve the order of a superior authority whose service is the life and soul of this humble effort (CC Madya-lila 2:84-87)

If one patiently hears about the glories of Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu, Sri Nityänanda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu-and Their devotees, devotional activities, names, fame, and the mellows of Their transcendental loving exchanges-one will learn the essence of the Absolute Truth. Therefore I have described these [in the Caitanya-caritamrta] with logic and discrimination. Praying at the lotus feet of Sri Rüpa and Sri Raghunätha, always desiring their mercy, I, Krsnadasa, narrate Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, following in their footsteps.

(Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Goswami- CC Adi-lila 1:108-110)

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

• 10 months later...

Patience is a must!

"If one patiently hears about the glories of Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu, Sri Nityänanda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu-and Their devotees, devotional activities, names, fame, and the mellows of Their transcendental loving exchanges-one will learn the essence of the Absolute Truth."

• 1 year later...

If one patiently hears about the glories of Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu, Sri Nityänanda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu-and Their devotees, devotional activities, names, fame, and the mellows of Their transcendental loving exchanges-one will learn the essence of the Absolute Truth.

Therefore I have described these [in the Caitanya-caritamrta] with logic and discrimination.

Praying at the lotus feet of Sri Rüpa and Sri Raghunätha, always desiring their mercy, I, Krsnadasa, narrate Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, following in their footsteps. :pray:

(Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Goswami- CC Adi-lila 1:108-110)