IndiaDivine.org

Sadhu Guru Illuminates the Heart : Approach such a person and hear the nectar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Caitanya-caritämåta ädi 9.43

Bhubaneswar

Gour Govinda Swami:

Here it says, why people have been suffering here. Because of ignorance, nothing else. Prabhupadji Maharaja says here this thing. Repeatedly Prabhupadji Maharaja has said, people have been suffering here only out of ignorance. Here he says,

‘In human life the opportunity has been given to inquire about it, tattva-jijïäsa. Actually it is a fact that this life is meant for preparation for the next life.’ Best life. No more birth here in this material world. One should prepare oneself. tyaktvä dehaà punar janma naiti mäm eti so ’rjuna.

—‘After giving up the body, one who knows Krishna in truth does not come back again to this world to accept a material body, but he goes back home, back to Godhead. This knowledge is in the çästras, and people should be given the opportunity to understand it. Even if one is not able to go back to Godhead in one life, the Vedic civilization at least gives one the opportunity to be promoted to the higher planetary systems, where the demigods live, and not glide down again to animal life. At present, people do not understand this knowledge, although it constitutes a great science, for they are uneducated and trained not to accept it. This is the horrible condition of modern human society. As such, the Krishna consciousness movement is the only hope to direct the attention of intelligent men to a greater benefit in life.’

So nobody teaches this thing. Çästra is there. In çästra this has been said. Krishna says this thing, who is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, supreme authority, suhådam sarva bhutanam, who says “I am the only well-wishing friend.” Conditioned souls, being captured by mäyä, have forgotten Krishna from time immemorial. Forgotten Krishna , forgotten their own identification, own self also.

So as a well-wishing friend Krishna first gave veda puräëas,

mäyä-mugdha jévera nähi svataù kåñëa-jïäna

jévere kåpäya kailä kåñëa veda-puräëa

First thing, out of mercy gave veda puräëas. So veda puräëas, Vedic literature, they come from Krishna . But it should be understood in tattva, evaà yo vetti tattvataù tyaktvä dehaà punar janma naiti mäm eti so ’rjuna. It should be understood in tattva, in truth. One cannot understand this in truth by merely reading those veda puräëas , by dint of their own scholarship or merit or intelligence. No. Then one should approach a tattva-äcärya,

tad-vijïänärthaà sa gurum eväbhigacchet

samit-päëiù çrotriyaà brahma-niñöham

[MU 1.2.12]

äcäryavän puruño veda. Upanishad says. The human form of life is rarely achieved life, achieved after undergoing lakhs, lakhs of species of other lives, durlabhaà mänuñaà janma.It is meant for this inquiry, tattva-jijïäsa. jévasya tattva-jijïäsä närtho yaç ceha karmabhiù. Bhägavatam, first canto says. All your activities should center around this tattva-jijïäsä.

kämasya nendriya-prétir läbho jéveta yävatä

jévasya tattva-jijïäsä närtho yaç ceha karmabhiù

Previously we discussed. Kaviraj Goswami also quoted that Bhägavatam verse,

çreya-äcaraëaà sadä, präëair arthair dhiyä väcä çreya-äcaraëaà sadä.

This çreya. He speaks of çreya. We have already discussed what is çreya, what is preya.[

All are inquiring about preya. Nobody inquires about çreya. Therefore Bhägavatam says, kämasya nendriya-prétir, don’t inquire about preya, he says, don’t inquire¾ kämasya nendriya-prétir. Don’t inquire about your sense enjoyment. That is preya. Don’t inquire. läbho jéveta yävatä, you should remain alive, survive for what purpose? Not for the attainment of preya, but for the attainment of çreya, läbho jéveta yävatä. Because this rarely achieved human birth, has been given to you to inquire about your çreya, çreya-läbha, supreme gain, supreme benefit. That is to get Krishna . That is çreya läbha. And you have to survive for that purpose. You shouldn’t survive for sense enjoyment, preya-läbha, no.

jévasya tattva-jijïäsä närtho yaç ceha karmabhiù. Therefore you have to inquire about that, jijïäsä, about çreya. What is çreya? niùçreyasäya viñayaù khalu sarvataù syät, that verse says.

labdhvä sudurlabham idaà bahu-sambhavänte

mänuñyam arthadam anityam apéha dhéraù

türëaà yateta na pated anumåtyu yävan

niùçreyasäya viñayaù khalu sarvataù syät

Bhäg.11.9.29

Çästra, essence of all Vedic literature, Bhägavata mahä-puräëa says in 11th canto. You should understand that you have been given this chance, opportunity in this rarely achieved human birth to inquire about the çreya and the attainment of that çreya, parama çreya. That is Supreme Lord, paramärtha, attainment of paramärtha. It is above the four puruñärthas, fifth puruñärtha. That is kåñëa-bhakti, prema-bhakti through which Krishna is obtained. This life is meant for that.

türëaà yateta na pated anumåtyu yävan

niùçreyasäya viñayaù khalu sarvataù syät

As long as this human body is there, it is not finished, türëa, immediately you give up enquiring about that sense enjoyment, preya, because the sense enjoyment, material enjoyment is available in any form of life, in any planetary systems without any effort. Without any effort it is available. Even a worm in the stool does so.

If you will do so, having this rarely achieved human birth, then where is the difference between the worm in stool and yourself? It is said in 11th canto, kåméëäà kiyad antaram, what difference is there between the worm in the stool and yourself if you will be engaged in that sense enjoyment in this life, this rarely achieved human birth? Bolo! This life is not meant for this. This life is meant for niùçreyasäya viñayaù khalu sarvataù syät. This life is meant for çreya jijïäsä, to get çreya. What is that? This is tattva-jijïäsä. Then you have to approach guru who knows this tattva—

tad-vijïänärthaà sa gurum eva abhigaccet

samit-päëiù çrotriyaà brahma-niñöham

äcäryavän puruño veda.

Upanishads say. This is çästra. Çästra says. It is all there. But this Godless education is going on. Nobody imparts this education. So-called leaders, educators they don’t impart such education. It is Godless education. Rather they are giving such education not to accept the çästra. That my Guru Maharaja said here, “They are trained not to accept it.” This is a sorry state of affairs, unfortunate.

One who is intelligent, conscientious person, he must approach tattva-äcärya , who knows this tattva, who has heard it, received it through hearing, aural reception from an äcärya , äcärya-paramparä . Because this tattva-vastu descends through hearing. çabda-brahma, descends through the words. In the form of transcendental words, transcendental kathä, çabda-brahma, Bhagavan descends. So through aural reception, by hearing from the bona fide authority, who knows this tattva, tattva-äcärya, one gets it,

tava kathämåtaà tapta-jévanaà

kavibhir éòitaà kalmañäpaham

çravaëa-maìgalaà çrémad ätataà

bhuvi gåëanti ye bhüri-dä janäù

“O Lord, O Krishna , Your nectarean kathä — it is nectarean, kathämrita is a soothing balm to the materially afflicted people, those who are feeling themselves as in a frying pan, afflicted by the three tapas. For them it is soothing balm, kathämåtaà tapta-jévanaà. kavibhir éòitaà. Who speak? nibhåtata se rupa giya manaà,(?) those sädhus, dear devotees of Yours, sädhus, they speak about You, this nectarean kathä. Who are completely bereft of all sorts of desires: desire for enjoyment, desire for liberation, nibhåtata se?? Only they speak. They speak. They impart such knowledge. One should approach such a person and hear from their lotus lips this nectar. karëa-puöe pibanti — One should drink this nectar through the ears because through this kathä, the words, the çabda brahma, Bhagavan, Supreme Lord descends. And this çravaëam, hearing is eternal process, eternally going on.

First created being is Brahma. The Supreme Lord told Brahma. It begins from Brahma. I was quoting that,

jïänaà parama-guhyaà me yad vijïäna-samanvitam

sarahasyaà tad-aìgaà ca gåhäëa gaditaà mayä

Bhäg.2.9.31

yävän ahaà yathä-bhävo yad-rüpa-guëa-karmakaù

tathaiva tattva-vijïänam astu te mad-anugrahät

Bhäg. 2.9.32

The Supreme Lord said to Brahma. Only the Supreme Lord says ahaà. He is first person. You cannot say ahaà. He cannot say ahaà. Only the Supreme Lord can say ahaà. He is the first person, and te :you, Brahma, second person. You are all third persons.

The Supreme Lord said, “O Brahma, this jïäna, this knowledge is parama-guhyaà, very, very confidential knowledge. It is vijïäna-samanvitam. This occured with vijïäna, practical application. It is not theoretical knowledge only. “What I say, it should be applied in the life, vijïäna-samanvitam. sarahasyaà tad-aìgaà ca gåhäëa gaditaà mayä. It is rahasya, it is very confidential, mysterious. This is mysterious, confidential education, parama-guhyaà; tad-aìgaà, necessary paraphernalia; gåhäëa gaditaà mayä, just try to receive it what I tell you, what I say‚ gaditaà mayä, given by Me; yävän ahaà, as I am. Only Krishna says ahaà. Nobody says ahaà. He is first person. Brahma is second person, first created being, second person. No third person was there at that time. Then when Brahma imparted then third person received it. yävän ahaà¾as I am; yathä-bhävo yad-rüpa-guëa-karmakaù — as I am, what is My real form, svarüpa, rüpa, guëa, qualities, attributes, My activities, pastimes, all this transcendental knowledge, tattva-vijïäna, tathaiva tattva-vijïänam. This tattva-vijïäna, factual realization; astu te mad-anugrahät, by My mercy, mad-anugrahä. Only by the mercy can you understand it. Not by speculation, not by your own intelligence, knowledge can you understand it. Only by My mercy, by hearing. Brahma first heard. First person Krishna , then Brahma imparted this knowledge. The disciplic succession begins and third person got it. This is disciplic succession, hearing process, çruti.

So one must approach such a person who has heard from a bona fide äcärya, Tad-vijïänärthaà sa gurum eva abhigaccet, he must approach such a guru,

tad viddhi praëipätena paripraçnena sevayä

upadekñyanti te jïänaà jïäninas tattva-darçinaù

This is the process. He must completely dedicate himself, surrender himself at the lotus feet of that tattva-äcärya guru then serve him, satisfy him, please him then humbly inquire, paripraçna. Humbly you inquire, “Who am I? Why have I been suffering? Who is the Supreme Lord? How can I understand Him, how can I get Him? What is our relationship with Him? What is this material world?” These are inquiries, tattva-jijïäsä. He knows the tattva, adya jïäna tattva vraje vrajendra kumära, the absolute truth is Vrajendra Kumara, the son of Nanda Maharaja, Krishna , who has seen Him, who has gotten Him, who has known Him. Only he can impart this knowledge. One should approach. So first Krishna gave çästra. So in çästra all this knowledge is there. Prabhupada Maharaja has said that thing. But this should be understood in tattva, in truth. One should approach a tattva äcärya, who knows tattva, by hearing process, hearing from an äcärya, äcäryavan.

‘çästra-guru-ätma’-rüpe äpanäre jänäna

‘kåñëa mora prabhu, trätä’——jévera haya jïäna

Cc. madhya 20. 123

How a jéva, especially a conditioned soul understand that Krishna is my master, eternal master and I am His eternal servant, and He is my deliverer. How can a jéva understand, unless he approaches such a guru? This is the process. This process is there.

So those sädhus, gurus, vaiñëavas, they are very merciful, more merciful than Krishna . Krishna says, suhådaà sarva-bhütänäà, I am the only well-wishing friend. He made such arrangements. Gave Veda Puräëas, then He appeared. Then He said this thing to Brahma, first created being. Then Brahma imparted this knowledge. In this way this tattva-jïäna comes to us.

anugrahäyeha caranti nünaà

bhütäni bhavyäni janärdanasya

Out of causeless mercy the sädhus, dear devotees of the Supreme Lord, they descend here in this material world and wander here to impart this tattva-jïäna. That is their mercy, to deliver the fallen souls, those who have been suffering from time immemorial out of ignorance. Imparting this tattva-jïäna is the mercy of the vaiñëava, the mercy of sädhu.

One should understand what is dayä, what is the mercy of that sädhu. To impart this tattva-jïäna, that is mercy. They have come here for that purpose. They have seen the truth, they know the truth, they are seers of the truth, they are knowers of the truth. They have obtained the truth. They have come here to impart that tattva-jïäna. That is dayä. Thereby the conditioned soul can understand it and get it. Otherwise, how can a conditioned soul understand Krishna? You cannot understand Krishna without the association of sädhus. Çrémad-Bhägavatam says:

sarve vedäç ca yajïäç ca tapo dänäni cänagha

jéväbhaya-pradänasya na kurvéran kaläm api

Bhäg. 3.7.41

Third canto Bhägavatam says, sarve vedäç, all the Veda; ca yajïäç ca tapo dänäni cänagha

jéväbhaya-pradänasya na kurvéran kaläm api, it is said. Maitreya Muni says to Vidura, anagha¾oceanless, Vidura. The sädhus, the äcäryas, by imparting tattva-jïäna show mercy to all jévas. When someone understands that supreme truth, absolute truth, gets tattva-

jïäna, he becomes fearless, yes, supreme truth, advaya tattva, by getting such jïäna because he understands that Krishna is the Supreme Lord, supreme truth. He is my eternal master. I am His eternal servant. I have to surrender unto Him. One surrenders unto the lotus feet of Krishna , takes shelter of His lotus feet, that is abhaya-caraëäravinda. The lotus feet of Krishna is known as abhaya-caraëäravinda, where there is no fear. It is a place of fearlessness.

açoka-abhoya, amåta-ädhära

tomära caraëa dwayä

tähäte ekhona, viçräma labhiyä

chäòinu bhavera bhoya

Bhaktivinode Thakur says, O Lord, Your two lotus feet is such a place, if someone takes shelter there, he becomes completely free from all material fears, lamentations, even free from death. No fear of death also, it is such a place.

Those who impart tattva-jïäna, what sort of mercy they bestow? You should understand what they give. I quoted that verse: bhuvi gåëanti ye bhüri-dä janäù — Those who impart such tattva-jïäna, those who speak about Krishna , His nectarean kathä, soothing balm for these materially afflicted persons, çravaëa-maìgalaà, by hearing such nectarean kathä, it is all-auspicious, all beneficial. kåñëa-kathä is very potential, çrémad ätataà , very potential.

Those who hear, they get mercy and those who impart such knowledge, those who are preaching this science of Krishna consciousness, spreading this message of Krishna , Gauranga Mahaprabhu, they are most munificent persons. What they are giving you should think of very deeply. bhuvi gåëanti ye bhüri-dä janäù — bhüri-dä means most munificent persons. Nobody gives such thing. Because that is such mercy, he is imparting such knowledge. One who understands it by the mercy of such gurus, sädhus, äcäryas, mahäjanas, vaiñëavas, one understands the supreme truth Krishna and takes shelter, surrenders himself at His lotus feet and becomes fearless. He becomes free from lamentation and free from death. And this mercy, imparting this tattva-jïäna cannot be compared to whole Vedas, yajïäs, dhänas, charities, penances, it cannot be compared. na kurvéran kaläm api — Even it cannot be compared to one fraction of this mercy, what to speak of the whole thing. That is what it [this verse] says.

Then again says, first canto Bhägavatam [1.4.12],

çiväya lokasya bhaväya bhütaye

ya uttama-çloka-paräyaëä janäù

jévanti nätmärtham asau paräçrayaà

mumoca nirvidya kutaù kalevaram

“Those who have completely dedicated their lives at the lotus feet of Krishna, completely dedicated their lives in the loving service of Krishna, rendering loving service to Krishna, completely surrendered, they are always doing good to others. They never survive for their own benefit. They survive for the benefit of others, kalyäëa, how the others will get happiness, pleasure in life, those who have been suffering. Only for that purpose they survive. They don’t survive for themselves. That is what this çloka says. How merciful they are, how their heart bleeds seeing the suffering of the jévas here, anugrahäya, out of mercy they come here, descent here and they impart this knowledge. That is their mercy. One should approach such a person, otherwise one cannot understand this tattva. Only out of ignorance people have been suffering here, nothing else.

yathopaçrayamäëasya bhagavantaà vibhävasum

çétaà bhayaà tamo ’pyeti sädhün saàsevatas tathä

Bhäg.11.26.31

Krishna says this to Uddhava. If someone is suffering from winter, cold what should he do? It is winter, freezing cold is there. He is suffering. What should he do? He should take shelter of fire god then no more cold, free from it. Similarly, He said, çétaà bhayaà tamo ’pyeti sädhün saàsevatas tathä — One who has been suffering here in this material world from time immemorial, what should he do?

Out of ignorance he has been suffering from time immemorial in this material world, what should he do? He should take shelter of sädhu, sädhün saàsevata. He should take shelter of sädhu. If he takes shelter of sädhu, then his ignorance will be dispelled. Ignorance is the seed of suffering. Out of ignorance everybody is suffering here. That is what this verse says.

nimajjyonmajjatäà ghore bhaväbdhau paramäyaëam

santo brahma-vidaù çäntä naur dåòheväpsu majjatäm

Bhäg.11.26.32

One who is drowning in the ocean, what should he do? Bolo! He should take shelter of a boat, otherwise how can he deliver himself from drowning? One who has been drowning in the sea, he should take shelter of a very strong boat, sudåddha nauka. Similarly, those who have been drowning in this dreadful ocean of material existence, what should they do? They should take shelter of the sädhus ,

anugrahäyeha caranti nünaà

bhütäni bhavyäni janärdanasya,

— the dear devotee of Lord Janardan, Krishna , those who are wandering here out of mercy in this material world, they should take shelter of those sädhus. That is the only shelter of the people who have been drowning in this dreadful ocean of material existence

annaà hi präëinäà präëa ärtänäà çaraëaà tv aham

dharmo vittaà nåëäà pretya santo ’rväg bibhyato ’raëam

Bhäg. 11.26.33

Anna is life of all living entities. Therefore Krishna says, I am the life of the distressed. Those who are distressed, they should take shelter of Me. This bhägavata-dharma, parama-dharma is the only asset of the human beings for the next life. Similarly, the suffering souls, humanity, the living entities, especially it is said to the human beings, knowledge is imparted to human beings. Only they can understand. Suffering persons, those who have been suffering from time immemorial drowning here in this dreadful ocean of material existence, who are always afraid, who always in a fearful situation, every moment, for them the sädhus are the only shelter. They take shelter of the sädhus who are like very strong boats for them in this ocean of materialistic existence.

santo diçanti cakñüàsi bahir arkaù samutthitaù

devatä bändhaväù santaù santa ätmäham eva ca

Bhäg. 11.26.34

Krishna says. When the sun rises the darkness is dispelled. The external, outward darkness is dispelled. Can that sun dispel that darkness prevailing in your heart? No. The sädhus are like such suns. If you associate with sädhus, hear from them, get this tattva-jïäna, jïäna is like enlightenment, then the darkness prevailing in your heart will be dispelled. This verse says. Because by the association of sädhus, getting the mercy of sädhus through hearing, one’s divine eye is opened,

oà ajïäna-timirändhasya jïänäïjana-çaläkayä

cakñur unmélitaà yena tasmai çré-gurave namaù

So they open the eye with the torchlight of knowledge, then that ignorance will be dispelled. One who is very fortunate, accepts such a sädhu, takes shelter of such sädhu, surrenders unto the lotus feet of that sädhu-guru and gets such tattva-jëäna, his eye opens. Through that eye, divine eye he can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead,

cakñu-däna dila jei janme janme prabhu sei

divya-jïäna hå. prakäçita

prema bhakti jäìhä haite avidyä-vinäça jäte

vede gäya jäìhära carita

Prema bhakti jäìhä haite avidyä, how the avidya, how the ignorance will be dispelled? By prema bhakti. prema bhakti yähä hoite, from whom I have gotten this prema bhakti, who is he? He is my dear most spiritual master, beloved spiritual master who has kindly opened my eyes.

sei se parama bandhu, sei pitä-mätä

çré-kåñëa-caraëe yei prema-bhakti-dätä

sakala janme pitä-mätä sabe päya

kåñëa guru nähi mile, bhajaha hiyäya

— Caitanya Maìgala, Madhya-khaëòa

In Caitanya Maìgala, Lochan Das Thakur says, sei se parama bandhu, sei pitä-mätä — He is my supreme friend, he is my father, he is my mother. çré-kåñëa-caraëe yei prema-bhakti-dätä — One who has given prema bhakti to me at the lotus feet of Krishna, he is my supreme friend, he is my father, he is my mother. In all births one gets father and mother. You have innumerable such fathers and mothers because you have undergone innumerable births, species of life. sakala janme, in every birth one gets a father and mother. That is material. Material birth and material father and mother. kåñëa guru nähi mile — But such father and mother as Krishna guru, is not so easily available. One who is fortunate he gets one, sei se parama bandhu, sei pitä-mätä çré-kåñëa-caraëe yei prema-bhakti-dätä — One who has given me prema bhakti at the lotus feet of Krishna, he is my supreme friend, he is my father, he is my mother. We chant in guru vandana: prema bhakti yähä hoite, avidyä vinäça yäte. How the avidya, ignorance will be dispelled without prema bhakti? Only by prema bhakti the ignorance will be dispelled. If ignorance is dispelled, destroyed, then no more suffering. Ignorance is the cause of your suffering. This verse says.

So those sädhus they open such eye, inner eye, it is not outward eye. Through that eye one sees the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Then the darkness prevailing in your heart is completely dispelled. The sun only dispels the outward darkness. The sädhus dispels the darkness prevailing in the heart by imparting such tattva-jïäna. “Such sädhus are as worshipable as I am,”— satya pujyam yathai aham?? Krishna says. “He should be worshiped as I am.” That sädhu is a demigod. That sädhu is a real well-wishing friend. That sädhu is My soul.

sädhavo hådayaà mahyaà sädhünäà hådayaà tv aham

mad-anyat te na jänanti nähaà tebhyo manäg api

Bhäg. 9.4.68

9th canto Çrémad Bhägavatam Supreme Lord says, “That sädhu is my soul. hådayaà mahyaà — He is My heart. I am the heart of that sädhu. That sädhu is My heart. mad-anyat te na jänanti nähaà tebhyo manäg api — They don’t know anything but Me. I don’t know anything but them. Such is the loving relationship. That sädhu is everything. He is demigod, he is supreme well-wishing friend, he is the soul, the heart, iñöadeva. That sädhu is everything.

Only by association of such sädhu one can understand this Supreme Lord, by hearing from them then ignorance will be completely destroyed. Your divine eye will be opened. You will see the supreme Lord. Who are you. How you have eternal loving relationship with that Lord. What is your duty, means your only, occupation, dharma is to render loving service unto Him. That is prema bhakti.

hari hari biphale janama goìäinu manuñya-janama päiyä,

rädhä-kåñëa nä bhajiyä, jäniyä çuniyä biña khäinu.

Sädhu Narottam Das Thakur, äcärya, vaiñëava therefore says, manusya-janama paiya;

emana durlabha mänava-deho, päiyä ki koro bhäva nä keho, —Bhaktivinode Thakur says, Narottam Das Thakur says. They are all sädhus, vaiñëavas, äcäryas, well-wishing friends of ours. You should think of what you are doing Yogeshwar, getting such rarely achieved human body. What you are doing? emana durlabha mänava-deho, päiyä ki koro bhäva nä keho. Are you thinking of, Jagadatma, are you thinking of? Getting such rarely achieved human birth what you are doing? ebe nä bhajile yaçodä-suta, carame poribe läje. Sädhu says, “If you don’t do bhajana of yaçodä-suta, son of Yasoda-mata, Yasodanandan Krishna , Yasomatinandan, if you don’t do bhajana, kåñëa-bhajana, tabe keno ebe alasa hoy, nä bhaja hådoya-räje, why are you such a lazy fellow? Such laziness. Not getting up and not doing bhajana. Lazy fellow Jagadatma, Yogeshwar. Keno, why are you so lazy? Not getting up, not doing bhajana. “I tell you”, sädhu says, ebe nä bhajile yaçodä-suta,carame poribe läje —, If you don’t do it, if you wont listen to my words, I am your well-wishing friend. Becoming lazy, not doing bhajana of yaçodä-suta, then consequence is unlimited suffering, suffering, suffering.

Yogeshwar Das: Ignorance is bliss.

Gour Govinda Swami: Ignorance is bliss? Achha! Very nice. Remain always in ignorance, suffer. As the hog says, “Oh, such nectar I am eating, this stool.” Eating stool and says, “The human beings are so foolish. They don’t eat such nectar I am eating. They are eating something else. That is what bliss? Therefore you say it is bliss, ignorance is bliss. Nonsense. Nonsense.

hari hari biphale janama goìäinu manuñya-janama päiyä,

rädhä-kåñëa nä bhajiyä, jäniyä çuniyä biña khäinu

Deliberately, willfully you are taking poison. Getting such rarely achieved human birth and not doing rädhä-kåñëa bhajana , what are you doing? Eating poison, jäniyä çuniyä, willfully, deliberately taking poison. What shall you do? This is for you! This jïäna is there, this instruction is there, sädhus are there, çästra is there. Then it says what you shall do. Thank you very much.

This section isn’t on Dinabandhu’s tape for checking.

Jagadatma Das: . . .unalloyed

Gour Govinda Swami: unalloyed.

Jagadatma das: no tinge of karma, jïäna or anything.

Gour Goivnda Swami: No, unalloyed, that is unalloyed, not multi-pointed. It is one-pointed.

Jagadatma Das: So you must hear from a person who has such undivided devotion?

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes, unalloyed devotion. Not multi-pointed. Example is Hanumanji. He says,

çrénathe janaki-nathe abhedaù paramatmani

tathäpi mama sarvasvaà rämaù kamala-locanaù

Sädhu knows tattva. He has seen the truth, he knows. He has gotten. Bhajrangaji, Hanumanji is sädhu. He knows it. I know Srinath, Janakinath, there is no difference.

Jagadatma Das: Yes.

Gour Govinda Swami: Janakinath means Rama, Srinath is Krishna . There is no difference, i know. But mama sarvasvaà rämaù kamala-locanaù, but heart and soul of mine is lotus-eyed Rama, not Krishna .

Jagadatma Das: Undivided.

Gour Govinda Swami: He’s undivided, one-pointed not multi-pointed. That is the example,. Similarly the gopés, kiçora-kåñëa. 10-11-year-old Krishna , all beautiful Krishna . That is what they want.

ärädhyo bhagavän vrajeça-tanaya tad-dhämaà våndävanam.

ramyä käcid upäsanä vraja-vadhü-vargeëa yä-kalpitä

Vraja-vadhü, the damsels of Vrajabhumi, what they worship? vrajeça-tanaya Krishna , nandanandana Krishna , yaçodänandana Krishna , son of Nanda Maharaja, Yasoda-mata. That is 10-11-year-old Krishna . Not Devakinandan, not Mathureswar Krishna , not Dwarkesh Krishna . It is Gokuleswar Krishna .

Mahaprabhu has taught that prema bhakti, ramyä käcid upäsanä vraja-vadhü-vargeëa yä-kalpitä. The vraja-vadhüs, the damsels of Vrajabhümi have offered worship and they worship that Krishna , 10-11-year-old Krishna of Vrajabhumi who is Gokuleswar Krishna . Not Mathureswar Krishna , not Dwarkeswar Krishna .

Jagadatma Das: Yes.

Gour Govinda Swami: That is one-pointed, they always want to see that all-beautiful kisora Kåñëa. Not Dwarkesh Krishna , not Mathuresh Krishna . Mahaprabhu has taught that thing. We have followed Mahaprabhu. Our devotion is that one undivided devotion of that Krishna , unto that Krishna . Gopiparanadana Krishna , Gokulesh Krishna . Not Dwarkesh Krishna or Mathuresh Krishna . The all beautiful form, kiçora kåñëa, 11 year old Krishna in Vrajabhumi, prema bhakti. That is one-pointedness.

So you find in kuïja, groves, nikuïja-yüno rati-keli-siddhyai. Once Krishna disapeared from the räsa dance. Gopés were searching, “Where is, where is, where is where is? All kuïjas they wre searching. In one kuïja they saw four-handed Narayan form. Krishna has appeared there. Krishna has shown them that form. Krishna is there but showed them Narayan four-handed form. They are searching, “Oh, Narayan, daëòavat.” Celo. We are not searching You. Do you follow?

Jagadatma Das: Yes, and Krishna couldn’t hide from them either, right? Was it that He kept changing back to Krishna and then back to Narayan, some story is there?

Gour Govinda Swami: What?

Jagadatma Das: One story is there, I heard once that Krishna couldn’t remain in that form of Narayan and He began to change back to Krishna again.

Gour Govinda Swami: If you are really hankering in the heart like the gopés, “Oh no. I don’t want to see this form. Don’t show me this form. Show me that form, all-beautiful kiçora form, then He’ll show you. That is svarüpa-siddhé, the form you want in your heart. You are clinging to it, really attached to it. They only want to see that form. Not other form. That is undivided devotion.

Jagadatma Das: Undivided.

Gour Govinda Swami: One-pointed.

Jagadatma Das: that svarüpa, that one is undivided for, just like Hanuman, that form, he desires to see Rama. Only Rama. Even in Caitanya-lélä.

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes, he’s Murari Gupta.

Jagadatma Dasa: He would not see anyone but. . .

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes, Mahaprabhu shows how He is also Rama. He wants to carry bow and arrow.. Murari Gupta sees saòbhüja form. Mahaprabhu shows. When Mahaprabhu went to Jagannath temple, entered. This big, big eyes, dilated. Showed what form? All beautiful Shyamasundar form holding flute. Because He yearns for that form.

I was saying that story from Båhad-Bhägavatämåta. Garuda once went to Hanumanji and said, “Hey! Krishna is calling you at Dwarka.” He didn’t listen. He is chanting Rama Rama Rama Rama Rama. “Hey! Don’t you hear? Krishna is calling.” Then he got angry and gave a lash with his tail. Then Garuda was thrown up and fell down there in Dwarka in front of Krishna . Krishna could understand what has happened and said, “Hey, why don’t you tell that Rama is calling. Go again!” And he went again. “Oh! Lord Rama is calling.”

“Oh, my Lord is calling. Celo! I must go.”

“Come. Sit on my shoulder, I’ll . . . “

“No! You go. I am going. I don’t need you.”

When Garuda arrived, he saw Hanuman had already arrived there and was sitting with folded hands before Rama, Lakshman, Sita. Krishna had assumed the form of Lord Rama. Balaram had assumed the form of Lakshman, Rukmini had assumed the form of Sita. Because he wants to see that form. This is undivided.

In ratha-yäträ in Jagannath Puri, Mahaprabhu was telling. What is that ratha-yäträ? It is from Kurukshetra to Vrindavan. Once there was an eclipse. The gopés, cowherd boys, men they had gone there. Krishna came from Dwarka with the Yadavas. Krishna was king there had gone there. The gopés saw, “Hey, give up this form, kingly, royal attire. Celo. Let us go to that Vrindavan. That forest is waiting for You. Yamuna River is there, that sand is there, the calves are there. We are all there. The creepers of Vrindavan, their leaves are there. Your flute is there. We don’t want to see this royal dress. We want to see Your cowherd boy form. Come, come, come.”

They dragged. That is ratha-yäträ. “We don’t want to see this form.” This is undivided, pinpointed.

Yogeshwar Das: Krishna advanced in age, was that the reason also He had to leave Vrindavan and move to Mathura? As Krishna advanced in age.

Gour Govinda Swami: You fool.

Yogeshwar Das: I am a fool Mahäraja, definately.

Gour Govinda Swami: Nitya kiçora!

Yogeshwar Das: No, for the sake of pastimes.

Gour Govinda Swami: nitya kiçora, nitya kiçoré. Rädhä and Krishna is always, what? Eleven, twelve years old, nitya kiçora, nitya kiçoré.

Yogeshwar Das: . . . . . . . . ? looks forty.

Gour Govinda Swami: That is His opulent form, aiçvarya-maya.

Yogeshwar Das: It was my question Maharaja that in Mathura stage He was forty. So therefore the vraja gopés wanted the nanda kiçora. But He cannot be nanda kiçora if He is playing the role of Mathura .

Gour Govinda Swami: In Mathura . But in Vrajabhumi always nanda kiçora.

Yogeshwar Das: That’s why I understood that Krishna had to go to Mathura .

Gour Govinda Swami: våndävanaà parityajya padam ekaà na gacchati, Krishna never leaves Vrindavan even one step. He’s always in Vrindavan .

Yogeshwar Das: Yes, but in the pastimes, I am talking about in the pastimes.

Gour Govinda Swami: That is eternal pastime. Always there. If you have eye, you see how it is going on. We want that form. We don’t want to see that opulent form. We want that cowherd boy form. Yes. That is the only thing. That is, I say, unalloyed. One-pointed, pinpointed. Oh Narayan , daëòavat. Celo. Gopés dragged Him. Celo. We don’t want to see You in this royal dress. Celo! This is what we want, that all beautiful form. Nanda kiçora, yaçodänandana. Krishna is complete, full, purna. Krishna is full or complete in Dwarka. Krishna is more complete in Mathura . Krishna is most complete in Gokul. We want that most complete, purnatama.

Mahaprabhu therefore said, vrajeça-tanaya,, Nandanandana Krishna , Gokulesh Krishna . He doesn’t say Mathuresh Krishna or Dwarkesha Krishna . No. gopés don’t want it.

Yogeshwar Das: Yesterday you said those who merge into the body of Krishna never come out. But Sishupal also merged into the body of Krishna . But who was that Krishna ? Vishnu form?

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes.

Yogeshwar Das: It was Vishnu?

Gour Govinda Swami: Sishupal was that Jaya Vijaya you see. That is the last birth. By the will of Krishna he went there. Sishupal , Dantavakra as Jaya Vijaya. Reinstated, what you say? There service there as doorkeepers, entrance to Vaikuntha.

Yogeshwar Das: But through the body of Krishna ?

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes, but in other two births though they are killed by that Lord Nrisinghadev , Hiranyakasipu was killed by Nrisinghadev but he didn’t go there.

Yogeshwar Das: But it is confusing to me because you said that those who enter into the body of Krishna , never comes out. But Sishupal , he is eternal servant.

Gour Govinda Swami: That is not general thing. That is exceptional thing that the will of Krishna . That is different thing Yogeshwar. That is not general. But you are speaking about that, what is that lady?

Yogeshwar Das: Mirabhai.

Gour Govinda Swami: Mirabhai. Therefore Gauòéya Vaiñëavas, they don’t like Mirabhai because she wanted to merge you see, Giridhari Gopal.

Jagadatma Das: Srila Gurudeva, I was told once, there was one group of devotees in America, they had one club and all they used to do was read about the intimate pastimes of Radha and Krishna and Prabhupäda had to go there and stop them.

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes.

Jagadatma Das: Because all they wanted to do, they called it the Gopé-bhäva Club. They wanted to only think about the form of Krishna and they were in this way always hearing only that pastime.

Gour Govinda Swami: only that pastime. . .

Jagadatma Das: only that pastime

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes. They are jumping to that räsa dance.

Jagadatma Das: yes, They were only hearing about Krishna’s childhood pastimes, those pastimes in Vrindavan .

Gour Govinda Swami: Only räsa.

Jagadatma Das: Only rasa?

Gour Govinda Swami: Yes. So Prabhupäda stopped. You nonsense cannot do it. If you want to hear Bhägavata, begin from first canto. Then know the tattva first Baba. You can’t jump it. They are only imitating and misunderstanding, thinking like this, what is this? Lusty affairs, material lusty affairs. They think so. They have no understanding of tattva-jïäna, no understanding of tattva.

rüpa-ragunätha-pade haibe äkuti

kabe häma bhujhabo se jugala-périti

Narottam Das Thakur says, when will I be able to understand that conjugal love, transcendental love, jugala between Radha and Krishna, when? rüpa-raguëatha-pade haibe äkuti — If I can develop my love and attraction towards the lotus feet of Rupa and Ragunath and clasp their lotus feet and cry there, if they bestow their causeless mercy on me, enlighten me then I’ll be able to understand. Otherwise I cannot understand. How that Club people, members will understand it without the mercy of Rupa Raghunath? They are such vaiñëava guru. Therefore Prabhupada says, “Hey! Stop this nonsense. What is this nonsense going on? That is what. You cannot understand it. Rather you will misunderstand it. They are misunderstanding and they are thinking, all right, we’ll be like Radha and Krishna or gopés, so we’ll dance, do that räsa dance. So in that club, nude club, they are doing that dance. You see. Nude girls and boys, they are doing dance. What is this? “We are doing räsa dance.” Becoming Radha Krishna . This nonsense. Imitating. This is misunderstanding, misunderstanding is a poison. You cannot understand. If you say, “Why are you doing this thing?” This only Krishna can do. He is Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is absolute truth. That is His transcendental pastimes, lélä. You cannot do. You are jéva. They say, such foolish persons, ignorant fools, they cannot understand. They have not gotten tattva-jïäna. They are devoid of tattva-jïäna. They are filled with ignorance. They say, “Oh, you said that is lélä for them and if we do, then it is akhila. Do you understand khila? A peg, peg . . . end of tape.