IndiaDivine.org

how are devotees..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

...supposed to deal with anger and resentment, especially towards family members? (not for anything related to Krishna, but something that a family member said about another)

A family member asked me this and I really was not sure what a good answer was. So, I though I would ask here and see if anyone had any references from Prabhupada or their own experiences on how we, as devotees of Krishna, are supposed to deal with it ( let it go? etc..)

Thank you in advance!

Guest guest

Same old answser With humility, tolerance and giving honor to all, never expecting any in return, in short with love.

Letting it go always helps, this is what tolerance is, that is if you can in the heat of the moment, as usually you will find things that are cooking will cool down with a little time and space and you can then view them from an equipoised position.

As for resentment it depends on the issue it can linger for a lot longer time, some times even a lifetime. But it is better to clear it sooner than later, for it'll make a mess of your heart.

Best to be slow to judge and quick to forgive, rather than quick to judge and slow to forgive, don't you think?