IndiaDivine.org

NDE: Atheist to Christian and accepts Hare Krishna's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This a amazing story(MUST Read):-

http://www.near-death.com/rosenblit.html

He was an atheist who is now a Christian who accepts the Hare Krishna's after an amazing near death experience.

An exert

God requires Jews, Christians, and everyone else to strive for perfection and attain the perfect love which Christ commanded us to attain in order to be saved. He expects all of us, including atheists, to strive to live the noblest lifestyle we can. For this reason, those who study holy books like the great philosophers, but who don’t strive to walk its path, are unknowingly paving their way to hell!

The thing that surprised me the most here was that the solitary Hare Krishna fellow with the shaved head, who danced and chanted God’s holy names on the college campus, was actually the most exalted in God’s eyes! It was not that his religion was superior to that of the Christians that made him superior, but rather it was the fact that he personally had the greatest love of God. In fact, this particular Hare Krishna fellow loved God so much that he was continually willing to publicly display his praises to Him alone in the midst of ungodly people like myself who continually mocked and scorned him. I was shown that this man was so very much in love with the Lord, that he was oblivious to those of us who mocked him. The soul-talkers had not transcended their egos and were still on the mental platform, but this Hare Krishna devotee was on a transcendental platform of consciousness. Greater than the soul-talkers was he, because unlike them he truly loved God more than his own self (ego). As a result, he was in direct union with God. For him, it was as if the very heavens had opened up, and I saw him encircled by a glorious light. God was by far the most pleased with this individual, and I had mocked him the most! How shocking!

The one whom I had thought was the most insane and whom I had mocked the most was actually the most exalted in God’s eyes!

What pain in seeing this truth!!

But it may be that after this experience he was inspired to look into Krsna consciousness and is now writing with that added knowledge of the Gita etc.

I just reader the few reader reviews and found them interesting.

I hope its not bogus because Krsna consciousness is reality and doesn't need to rely on illusions to prop it up. If it's bogus then we need to ask ourselves why we need to fabricate stories about our Krsna conscious experiences when devotees are living real ones.

That sort of preaching is harmful in the end. I hope it's all truthful.

maybe I'm overly cautious and suspicious, but stuff like that seems to me just a way to sell their own books. I have studied NDE to a good extent, and his story strikes me as very odd: too neat, too organized and too close to philosophical conclusions one could draw from our siddhanta and comparative religion studies. and his direct conversation with God? give me a break...

Guest guest

I believe due to so much skepticism in the Hare Krishna movement, Krsna is using many different vessels to attract the fallen souls to even take a peek into the real thing.

Our minds have become fickle and suspicious of everything in these times, just as the slightest thing can turn a newbie off, likewise the slightest exposure may turn one on. Maybe not the best seed but a seed none the less.

Guest guest

------------------------

too organized and too close to philosophical conclusions one could draw from our siddhanta

--

You are right it is very close to the gaudiya siddhanta

• 6 years later...