IndiaDivine.org

My dilemma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Vaishnavas,

I don't want to impose on my Lord. But I've also heard that the Lord is pleased when we approach the devotees. In short, we must be the devotee of the devotee, prior to approaching the Lord. I just need one small clarification. Is it okay to pray to the Devotee of the Lord (in my case, Lord Hanuman) for the following:

1) To be able to cultivate as much Bhakti as he himself had

2) To serve god but never ask god anything

3) To help me destroy my lower impulses such as lust, anger etc.

The above three are exceedingly difficult, and no matter how much I try, I cannot do it on my own. I need help. Will GOd or his devotee be offended if I pray for help instead of struggling on my own? Some people made fun of me, saying i want to do nothng but expect Hanuman to destroy my impurities or give me Bhakti. They also have a point. I've failed in my duty, so why would Hanuman or krishna help me?

What can I do? Am I on the right path?

Guest guest

Reply to that from Srila Prabhupada in Krishna book:

"Many try to argue against Vaishnavas by pointing to the fact that the Gopis prayed to Durga for Krishna as their husband. However, the gopis are the highest devotees. How come they were worshipping demigods? In fact, the purport to this is that if Krishna is the centre of activity then a devotee can adopt any means to reach Him."

Therefore, if you sincerely see Krishna as the ultimate goal, then it is perfectly alrite to ask Hanuman to aid you in your bhakti.

Best way to get special mercy is by praying to Srila Prabhupada and Lord Caitanya to aid in bhakti to Krishna.

Guest guest

Yes if you wish to serve Lord Rama in Ayodya then Hanuman will certainly help, but for a more tangible connection it could be advised to seek a pure devotee of Hanuman, here and now.

Otherwise as guest has pointed out the Krsna currant will be tangibly linked thru a living Krsna bhakta, still one can have a special place in the heart for Hanuman.

In Brhat Bhagavatamrtam Gopa Kumar was assisted by Hanuman to go on to Dwaraka where he further found the inspiration of his devotional aspiration, which internally was Gopal Krsna.

This wonderful book goes to show the devotional heart is a fathom unknown.

I cannot do it on my own. I need help.

This simple statement shows that your consciousness is awakening and you are showing much intelligence by seeking the answers.

Pray to Lord Caitanya in just that way, "Oh my dear Lord, I cannot do this on my own. I need help."

The Lord helps the sincere souls.