IndiaDivine.org

Sexuality change???????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI, im Hindu student in the uk and i have recently relised that im gay. I know its part of me and im pretty comfortable about it. But im getting very anxious because my family will never accept me if they knew that im gay. Im gettin very distressed about it all and dont know where n whom to turn to. Im now 20 years old and live away at university but i know very soon i will have to return home i will have to face this issue with my family thinking of my marriage. there is no way that i can tell my family, they would not be able to handle it and im not willing to marry and ruin the life of a young lady.

Now i know vedic teachings tell us to accept that life is imperfect, accept our bodies for who we are and rise above it all etc.....but the scriptures do help with material advancement. So is there any process in our scriptures by which we can change our sexual orientation. Like any Mantras or rituals or tantric process????????????

Please help if u can!!!!!

Guest guest

Just try to be a devotee of a genuine spiritual master and if you really want change then the potency of a real vaisnava will give you a higher taste than all these worldly desires and relationships.

We're all battling to overcome our sexual orientation i.e to sex in general. So marriage won't give the ultimate solution. Shiva may help, but you have a long way to go through life supressing the endless barrage of lust for the tastes of this world. A really intelligent person will realize the goal of life and get serious in finding the solution.

All the best with your spiritual evolution.

associating with others that have this same problem and do associate strongly with those are fixed in brahmacarya.

It is not magik mantras or herbs that will help you it is association with strong Krsna bhaktas.

And remember YOU ARE NOT GAY. You are an eternal particle of God.

Guest guest

is the Lord of Tapas. He is the concentrated energy of Krishna, always in perfect control. And so when U too need to control something (in this case, sexual impulses), it is better to approach Siva.

Guest guest

Don't worry about your folks. It is admirable that you feel such importance on the wellbeing of your family and any potential partner they may want you to marry. It is good that you have your head screwed on in that sense.

But your logic is twisted. As Theist has pointed out, there is no magic remedy - at least non that i know of. Remember you are still young, and you hae many years ahead of you. At university, because of your freedom and association, the company you have influences you in many directions. Don't worry about this - as far as worldly life is concerned just do your duty. And since you are a student, your duty is to study, so just do that.

In the meanwhile, you are obviusly already inclined toward religion, judging from your post. Forget about any magic trick or even Hinduism. Do you believe in God? My favourite is Krsna (and sometimes Hanuman /images/graemlins/smile.gif). If you are truly worried about this then lay everyting - and i do mean EVERYTHING - at His feet. Surrender to the Lord. Surrender your life, your work, your sexuality, any ties to the material world. Your prayer is that your life is now His. Now let any burden in your life be His. You just keep doing what you have to do - and let Him have the fruit.

Sound to hard? It;s not - believe me. Theist is right - associate with the devout. That is an excellent start. Start taking the Holy Name. And levave everthing to Him!

I don't know if by the end you will be hetero. You say you are pretty comfortable with it, but if you're looking for a "cure" then it sounds like you are not comfortable at all. I don't know whats at the end of the tunnel but start now and you'll get there. Have faith. Have Love.

G.