IndiaDivine.org

I am ruined because I am a dwarf

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am a young Indian student studying in UK. Everybody around me seems to be taller, I don't know why. I am 5'9". I measured from the toe to the top of the head (without shoes). Is that correct, or should I measure from toe to forehead? Then it'll reduce more inches and I'll be down to 5'6". Anyway, what can I do when everybody's making fun of me? I feel like a stupid dwarf.

Guest guest

Are you sayng in London, that's average height? I dont believe it, cuz most of them 'look down' on me, if you know what I mean. Does that mean I am measuring my height the wrong way? I measured it from toe to TOP OF MY head and it came to 5'9". Is that correct way to measure? Or should I measure it from toe to forehead and leave out the hair on top? That'll reduce a few inches, btw.

Either way, I am frustrated. It makes me look and feel like a wimp. I dont feel like a man anymore. Feel so small and insignificant. Can't focus on studying, cant focus on Krsna, can't focus on anything. It is so unfair. Idiots are tall and people think they're cool due to their height. I am cool but lose out cuz of my height.

Guest guest

Maybe if you get yourself a cool haircut, that'll make up for your lack of heighth!

(Your complaint makes me think of a thread started about a year ago by some dude who lamented because of having a bad haircut....)

Of course, haircuts can be changed, and heighth is fixed for a lifetime.

We all have to accept our deficiencies, either mental, physical, or intellectual. That's our karma. And don't forget that anything experienced as bad (such as being short) can turn out to be a tremendous benefit at one point.

Myself, for instance, am terribly lonely, even though I think I am the coolest guy on earth. I just don't understand why people seem to be avoiding me. Maybe I am ugly, or a psychopat, or full of neuroses. I just don't know. People seem to expect something from me, I just can't present to them. It's very troublesome.

I am just trying to console myself by thinking that all this suffering must serve some purpose, in the long run.

But my heighth is 1.80 m. exactly!

Welcome to the club.

Myself, for instance, am terribly lonely,...

And you can make that work very well for you. I have come to the stark understanding that *everyone*, without exception, that is not living in Krsna consciousness is terribly alone.

Even the seemingly popular people. All the parties and social events we surround ourselves with and the adoration received from others, "He is so cool" are just so many distractions designed by maya and bought into by us to occupy the void in our minds which should be filled with loving thoughts for the Supreme Lord. It is inherent in our nature as particles of Krsna that our own sense of completness and self satisfaction be found in connection with Him. We must keep our consciousness of Him and our relationship to Him vital.

Some particles of sunlight seemingly become lost in the clouds for a time. They appear disconnected and cut off, which is a good description of lonely.

But the cloudy condition is only temporay and they emerge again in due course and their relationship to the Sun is again obvious.

Krsna is patiently sitting in our hearts waiting for us to become exhausted by the loneliness we are finding trying to relate to and to love and be loved by inert matter and false images of reality.

How long can we sit distracted in a movie theater until we finally realize that we are totally alone despite the hundreds that surround us.

Tired of being lonely? Turn within to Krsna.

Guest guest

Haribol. I wish Srimati jayaradhe devi dasi were still with us, because she was so with it as far as cartoons go. I am referring to snow white and the seven dwarfs, the movie about Sangrael, the fullness of reciprocal relationships with the Supreme Lord. Snow white was the rightful ruler, but was hidden from most eyes. Only the dwarfs could see, because they, too, were hidden. They faithfully served her despite her outward appearance of being in poverty, and were instrumental in wiping out the fraud who claimed "to be the fairest of them all".

The reward of the dwarfs was the love, not necessarily the direct presence, of Sangrael. "Happily ever after" does not refer to a mundane existance. If we see the film, we see the world that the ruling couple goes to is not an earthly existance. They return, and the dwarfs have the duty to present the spiritual ideals to the Sevenb Islands. The dwarfs all had separate identities, all personalities are represented, intelligence, silliness, happiness, depression, anger. All these emotional characteristics are reined in by the grace of the Fairest of them all, and all are in unity despite their obvious differences.

So, all of us are severely flawed. Im not a dwarf, but Im an economical midgit, Im a health disaster from decades of toxic industrial exposure. Yet, the Pure representative of the spiritual realm arrives before me, asking if I can give a small amount of assistance in Her mission. I may be grumpy, and see no good coming from giving such help, buit she WILL melt me, because the Fairest of them all do not see any disqualifications in any of us.

Hare Krsna, all glories to my late friend, Srimati Jayaradhe. ys in cooperation, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Thanx, theist, for the encouragement.

In P's books I always read about the fallacy of "society, frienship and love." I always thought it was a pretty crude thing of his to state that these things are wrong. Actually I am craving for these things, but the more I crave, the less I am getting...

I want to hear children's voices....

I want to sit around the table with friends.....

I want to walk in the park with somebody.....

I want to have a laugh with people I like....

But all I am getting is bad weather and a minus bank account.

Sometimes I really hate Krsna for this.

I know how you feel. It even gets worse when we are forced to admit we only have ourselves to blame. Then even that little pleasure of blaming the Lord is taken from us.

I still find pleasure in all those things you mentioned. It's natural. But I don't expect so much from them. Often I am contented just being around a lot of people but still to myself. I consider myself an urban hermit. We don't need to negate others and hide in a closet Krsna is within them also and all draw their life from the same Source.

One thing is I have become somewhat aware of my own attempts to exploit others in subtle ways. Like pretending to be someone's friend and yet not telling them about Krsna consciousness. It really makes material relationships impossible to enjoy. It's like it is spiritual relationships or nothing and I have no taste for spiritual relationships. So basically my present situation is also lonliness and it sucks.

Guest guest

....spiritual relationships is what you must be looking for here. Otherwise what is this place? Is it the dead end of nothingness? So some taste for it you must have. You are too humble, I think.

I too am struggling with the conflict of material versus spiritual relationships. I too am ending up alone because spiritual relationships are often characterized by some high demand for self-denial, that I cannot live up to. For instance, some people I know somehow just end up talking to me until I am numb and silent like a rock. Then it's time for goodbye and haribol again. No fun at all!

Spiritual relationships or nothing, right! Recognize that one. Either I am surrounded by countless spiritualists in a mostly hectic atmosphere, or I am all alone by myself. It truly sucks, my friend!

Guest guest

From a western standpoint, you suffer from dysmorphic syndrome. You are overly self conscious of your appearance. This could be from other issues in your past which you should examine.

On a spiritual standpoint, we are all spirit soul so who cares about height?

Look at the beauty that is Sri Vamanadev

Posted Image

Sri Krsna as The Dwarven Brahmana who took the land and heart of a great demon. Anytime you feel short prabhu just think of sweet Sri Vamanadev.

"Either way, I am frustrated. It makes me look and feel like a wimp. I dont feel like a man anymore. Feel so small and insignificant. Can't focus on studying, cant focus on Krsna, can't focus on anything. It is so unfair. Idiots are tall and people think they're cool due to their height. I am cool but lose out cuz of my height. "

5'9" is not tall (maybe a bit below average) but SO WHAT? the problem is not your height, but that you allow such concepts to bother you.

if you dont want to feel like a wimp - dont act like one. get into some sports (maybe martial arts) or start riding a motorcycle (bigger than 450cc of course /images/graemlins/wink.gif - 700cc is just about perfect).

Guest guest

5'9" is average. I read it in a journal somewhere. You must live in Scandinavia if it's below average in your area.

This isn't about going to the gym to work out, it's about directly confronting the issues of low self esteem. You are seeing yourself in a distorted view. This is known as dysmorphic syndrome.

Motorcycles are for people with a death wish. But it is all relative. My body is relatively tall at over 6'2". But even though I am tall and carry good weight at 210-225lbs. I always worried about having to fight a shorter man who was stought and well trained.

It then becomes a matter of center of gravity and I would have say the shorter man has the advantage.

On courage and manliness I have a good story. A very small young Vietnaimese man I knew saw a man drop a baby out of a car window.The mother was in the car at the time and he was hitting her as well. He was in his house when he saw this. He charged out of the house to help the mother and infant. And by the time I saw what was going on he was toe to toe with a 6' 3" Samoan who must have weighed 240 or more. I don't think the Vietnaimese man weighed more than 120.

He was punching up at the Samoan like a buzzsaw even though he couldn't reach his face. The Samoan was completely confused and on the defensive.

That Vietnaimese guy is about half my size but no doubt he is ten times the man I am.

Either materially or spiritually it is not good to put too much stock on how this society sees us.

Guest guest

two of my advanced godbrothers (you know who they are, theist) were both expert in martial arts. one was 6'6", 280, the other 5'11", 160. The big one was on the sand, the small one helped him up after the great show that size doies not indicate strength.

No snow white here (how come no response, eh), but there is also the story from Ramayana about the Valakhilyas who brought Lord Indra to his knees. The valakhilyas were no bigger than dust motes.

Now If jayaradhe dd were here, Id talk about the dr seuss story of Horton hears a Who, but no more cartoons until I get a response from snow white and the story of the sacred chalice.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

PS Im 5'10" 180, and never had to punch it out. I use my lazer eyes to intimidate my foes, good thing because my 6 YO daughter can whup me physically.

PS Im 5'10" 180, and never had to punch it out. I use my lazer eyes to intimidate my foes, good thing because my 6 YO daughter can whup me physically.

Hehe. My big body helps me out. Plus I used to try and look the part. I'm big but weak but its just enough to make 'em think twice. By then I am outa there. Now that I am 53 nobody cares, they just push around at their whim. Where's the respect for the elderly!!!

I never liked to fight anyway. In the eighth grade I got in a fight and "won". My hand was swollen for more than a week. The other guys lip healed in two days. So much for victory.

Of course I'm still big on pocket weapons. /images/graemlins/wink.gif stun guns are legal in California.

Guest guest

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

While many of you may be associated with people who are tall, that does not mean you are "short". Average height, collectively, in most countries is below 5'9" for men.

And of course, you do measure your height from toe to the top of the head.

It may be possible to increase height, if you haven't maxed out your potential for height. Stretch, work out, etc. Living a sedentary lifestyle means weak muscles, and weak support. And height varies during the day by almost an inch. You could actually be taller than 5'9" but you measure yourself at your lowest point, which is due to weak muscles in your lower back, giving in.

Strengthen those muscles and you can regain and possibly increase your height a bit.

Of course, you can also pray to God and he might listen to you.