IndiaDivine.org

tulsi neckbeads broken:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

yesterday one of my tulsi necklace broke.

When i say it broke - it more like EXPLODED- i ws simply sitting in my chair when suddenly this particular neckalce flew into millions of peices across the room.

This all happened stright after a very very important event took place (which i wont go into full detail about as it is very perosnal).

Should I restring them and wear again?

I've always thought that since Tulsi beads are there to help abosrb karma once they decide to "explode" in such a way (through no negligence on my behalf such as snagging the thread) that this meant that these beads are finshed with holding this karma its time to move on?

I always wear 2 sets of necklace anyway , just in case this ever happened - so I am still wearing one.

any thoughts?

Mine broke once when I may have been about to become seduced by the soft side of the force. Left alone suddenly with an aggressive women this tender heart was scared out of the place when the neckbeads broke and were released inside my shirt.

Never heard about wearing two sets. Heard that uninitiated should wear only one or two loops. Perhaps one could wear two necklaces of one loop each, yielding two loops? I use nylon 'fishing' line (since that infamous explosion way back when) and it has never broken although has required restringing yearly as some beads split and leave through time.

My first impression was that your important event had caused your explosion. It is for you to figure out why. Perhaps Krsna will reveal it. I know it is a most memorable surprise - accept the mercy. Tulasi Devi Ki Jai.

Here a senior vaishnava speaks of the powers of Tulasi devi and her beads: http://www.vnn.org/world/WD0004/WD21-5878.html

I always try to use all past beads and only add new ones as required - a few on the necklace may well be over 30 years old, but time does take its toll. If you managed to recover some from the big bang explosion, I think it would be disrespectful to abandon them. That attachment you feel for them is a good thing.

gHari

Guest guest

when i first lived in bramacharini ashrama i was told never to swap or give/take tulasi necklace wgich had been worn because necklace has absorbed karma of wearer.

thanks for suggestions

my new thread is stsinless teel wire designed for necklace making - very inexpensive but extremely hard to break - even cutting with knife is very hard to do.