IndiaDivine.org

loosing fate

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i was talking to my friend, and his view point made me change a few things.

Mavrik : no book or religion or temple can do that

Mavrik : thats why protestantism was formed

Mavrik : theyre just people who feel lost in life like anyone and someone gave them the answer int he form of hare krsna

Mavrik : that doesnt mean that the religion isnt crazy

Mavrik : they just get these people who hate their boring office lives to give all their money and property to the church which they in turn use to get more people who hate their lives

Mavrik : same like christianity i guess

Mavrik : theyre both redemptionist religions

Mavrik : and their bhagvad gita is purposely misinterpretted

Mavrik : thats why scholars dont use the "As it is" edition

Mavrik : thats how every cult ever started

Mavrik : someone tells you that if you believe this you will have a good place in the afterlife and people will like you

Mavrik : who doesnt want that?

Mavrik : the as it is version condemns all other religions

Mavrik : which is such .

Mavrik : because when it was written, in the region there was only that religion, it couldnt have been included

please discolse his view point

i just wish sometimes i could see krishna or he would let me see something, that will make me without a doubt, belive in him.

PLease help me devotie, i love krishna

but what if he is not there?

Guest guest

|| Jai SiyaRam ||

Mavrik: "they just get these people who hate their boring office lives to give all their money and property to the church which they in turn use to get more people who hate their lives"

Reply: if their only concern is to get rid of their boredom, then there are numerous other ways to do that, why would they come to a spiritual group ??? .....because they get the peace of mind they are presently deprived of....

Mavrik : and their bhagvad gita is purposely misinterpretted

Reply: one surely needs to grasp an interpretation of any srcipural text to get something useful....beacuse direct translation of "as it is" scripture would not be of much use to anyone if one doesn't have any understanding of the context in which those slokas were told (to arjun in present context)........as far as the ISCKON's interpretation is concerned, u can only comment on that if u have read it urself

Mavrik : the as it is version condemns all other religions

Reply: I think, nowhere in Srimad BhagwadGita, other religions have been criticized.......

i suppose he is referring to this shlok "Swa Dharme nidhanam shreya, par dharmo bhayavaha" (meaning, it is better to die in one's own dharma than to indulge in other's)......but here the word dharma means the "varnaashram dharma" and not the "religion" in present day context....as there was no other religion at that time :-)

Mavrik : because when it was written, in the region there was only that religion, it couldnt have been included..

Reply: yes, he is perfectly right here.....there was only that religion, not only in "the region there" but all over world and above that, in the whole universe only sanatana dhrma was practiced.

You said: i just wish sometimes i could see krishna or he would let me see something, that will make me without a doubt, belive in him.....PLease help me devotie, i love krishna.....but what if he is not there?

Reply: it is same like saying this "I don't think this medicine will cure me.....so first let it cure me and then only i will take it." :-)

Shradha (Devotion) and Vishvas (Faith) are the pillers on which u build ur monument of Love and Bhakti for the Lord.....that's why when Goswami Tulsidas started composing "Srimad Ramcharitmanas", in the very begenning he wrote "bhavani shankerao vande, shradha vishvas rupidaon" (means "I praise Lord Shiva and godess Parvati, who are the personified form of Vishvas or faith, and shradha or devotion)

till the point u have slightest of doubts, regarding whether Krsna exists or not, then for u Krsna will defenetiley not exist.......and when u will have full faith (which cann't be shaken whatever happens) then at that very moment u will have Darshan or vision of Lord Krishna in front of ur eyes.

and most important of all.....don't try to understand Sri Krsna with ur material mind because u can never do that.....instead pray to krsna himself that "krsna, I sincerely want to know u and see u, but am unable to do so....please help me, as only u can take me to that level so as to see u, it is not in my capacity to know u, O Krsna..."

|| Jai SiyaRam ||