IndiaDivine.org

Prolife Message Goes Hip Hop

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

<center>Posted Image</center>

As a big fan of Hip Hop and vocal opponent to the negative messages that the rap industry has sought to perpetuate, I am glad to see such a socially relevant issue being addressed by such a well know R&B artist.

Even if you don't like Rap you should check it out!

Below are the Lyrics to "Can I live? " by Nick Cannon.

Talking Ma

I know the situation is personal, but it something that has to be told

as I was making this beat you was all I could think about; you heard my voice

Yeah Just think Just Think, what if you could Just… Just blink your self away..

Just Just wait just pause for a second. Let me plead my case. Its the late 70's Huh

You seventeen huh. And having me that will ruin everything huh it’s a lot of angels waiting for their wings you see me in your sleep, so you can't kill your dreams 300 dollars that's the price of living, what?

Mommy, I don't like this clinic; hopefully you'll make the right decision and don't go though with the Knife Decision but it hard to make the right move when you in high school

how you have to work all day and take night school

hopping off da bus when the rain is pouring

What you want morning sickness or the sickness of mourning?

[Chorus]

I Will Always Be a part of you

Trust Your Soul Know His Heart Is True

If I Could Talk I Would Say To You

CAN I LIVE …. CAN I LIVE? (Repeat)

I am a child of the King ain't no need to go fear me and I see the flowing tears so know that you hear me when I move in your womb that's me being scaring cause who knows where my future holds

yo the truth be told you ain't told a soul yo you ain't even showing I just 2 moths old

through your clothes try to hide me, deny me went up 3 sizes

your pride got you lying saying ain't nothing but a migraine

it ain't surprising you not trying to be in WIC food lines

your friends look at you funny but look at you mommy; that's a life inside you, look at your tummy what is becoming ma I am Oprah bound you can tell he's a star from the Ultrasound

Our Spirits Connected Doors Open Now Nothing But Love And Respect Thanks For Holding Me Down She Let Me Live...[Chorus] I Will Always Be a part of you Trust Your Soul Know His Heart Is True

If I Could Talk I Would Say To You

CAN I LIVE

CAN I LIVE

I Will Always Be a part of you

Trust Your Soul Know His Heart Is True

Its uplifting for real y'all I ain't passing no judgment; ain't making no decisions; I am just telling y'all my story my love life. I love my mother for giving me life. We all need to appreciate life

a strong women that had to make a sacrifice. Thanks for listening. Mama thanks for listening

Guest guest

pro life. Of couyrse, the real rastafarians like Bob Marley, Ras Michael, and others often curse the abortion freaks, but I was very surprised to hear the old groupo, the Sex Pistols, who had sharp words of cursing such an abominable practice. Ill try to look it up. later, mahak

PS Hip hop is often considered a graduation of gangsta rap, but I beg to differ, It has more substance in the original dance hall reggae stylee, like Makabee, Yellowman,, Cutty Ranks, etc. I would say that Gangsta rap (which I loved, some of the good stuff like body count by Ice T and other good groups, BTW) and this dance hall style reggae is what combined to produce the modern hip hop music..

Guest guest

Haribol. I accept any censorship the owner may exercize, the words are a little rough.

SEX PISTOLS LYRICS

"Bodies"

She was a girl from Birmingham

She just had an abortion

She was case of insanity

Her name was Pauline she lived in a tree

She was a no one who killed her baby

She sent her letter from the country

She was an animal

She was a bloody disgrase

Body I'm not an animal

Body I'm not an animal

Dragged on a table in factory

Illegitimate place to be

In a packet in a lavatory

Die little baby screaming

Body screaming . bloody mess

Not an animal

It's an abortion

Body I'm not animal

Mummy I'm not an abortion

Throbbing squirm,

gurgling bloody mess

I'm not an discharge

I'm not a loss in protein

I'm not a throbbing squirm

. this and . that

. it all and . the . brat

She don't wanna baby that looks like that

I don't wanna baby that looks like that

Body I'm not an animal

Body an abortion

Body I'm not an animal

An animal

I'm not an animal.....

I'm not an abortion.....

Mummy! UGH!

I guess when Eminem first came out as a rapper he was going to do positive rap and his first album was basically positive rap encouraging kids to stay off drugs and all that but it didn't sell. Instead he decided to let it all out and has made sarcastic fun of Bill Clinton and his Monica Lewinsky affair and has voiced vocal opposition to the war in Irag not to mention various other controversial statements that have angered gay people and all sorts of other people. When the dust settled in true Muhamad Ali fashion he basically told America to lighten up. He was only joking.

Guest guest

I could never get into the rap or hip hop scene and would always be disturbed when I heard the music until a couple weeks ago at the Gorge. I went to the Sasquatch Festival to see a band from England called Block Party, which was one of many bands. There were three stages going on at once. I drifted over to one of the other stages and listened to some rappers from Seattle and it was quite good. I couldn't agree with any of the lyrics, which were more political than misogynist/criminal, which my stereotype of them was. It was quite good, and I found myself dancing.

I still don't think I'm gonna run out and buy any CDs of that genre tho. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Guest guest

One who had agreat influence of hip hop, and about the most actually spiritual dude other that George harrison, is a brother named Charile Chaplin. His album, Cry Blood, is soooo sweet. Cant listen to it without movin.

I especially like his parody of the rapper, the famous dude who comercialized the venue, who did "dont touch that". Chaplins "dont touch crack" is way cool.

Hes rather obscure,but yall being near the industry, maybe you can access. I like Sistah Breeze too, hard hitting, protection of maternity, the whole bit.

latah, yo bro, mahak

I always hated rap and still do hate most of it and I even used to hate Eminem but for some reason I really started listening to his lyrics and there are a lot of subtelties to them. I have always been the type where I like intelligent lyrics in my music. People think Eminem is juvenile and he is a lot but there is almost always a method to his madness so in a lot of ways he is tricking people to get mad at him, so when they do get mad at him he has fooled them. For awhile there he had many gay people protesting his concerts because he made fun of them, but he really meant it in a lighthearted way and they took him all seriously. He kind of has that Muhamad Ali like quality where he can say stuff that just shocks the hell out of people but they rarely get the real meaning of what he is saying and they immediately react on an emotional level which is exactly the trick he wanted to play on them from the beginning.