IndiaDivine.org

Questions about Ramananda Sampraday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jay Sri Sri Sita-Ramji!

I'm really interested in teachings of Sri Ramananda Sampraday - so many gossips, gaudias generally claim ramavats to be impersonalists, etc. I looked through the topic "Rama Charit Manas" in the forum but didn't got the answers. The official site of Sri Ramji Mandir doesn't answer them too. So, probably somebody knows the following:

1. As far as I understand the initial aspect of God is "Nirguna Brahman" that incarnates as Lord Rama, Lord Vishnu, Lord Krishna, etc. - and Lord Rama is the supreme Incarnation. Am I right? Or ramavats believe that Rama (like Krishna in gaudia sampradaya) is the eternal sourse of all other forms of God, including the impersonal aspect?

2. Are the so-called "demigods" different forms of God (as Shankara teaches) or they are demigods (as Chaitania teaches)? I know that ramavats worship Shiva and Ganesha, but what is their position according to them?

3. I was surprised that Tulsidas believed in varnas "by birth" as Ramananda rejected varnas at all and welcomed all people to be his disciples. What is the opinion of modern Sampraday?

4. Does the Sampraday accept non-indians? Do they have representatives abroad?

If anybody has any contacts (guru's or organizations' e-mails, web-sites, etc) please, inform me (exept for Shri Ramji Mandir - they don't answer anyway) here or by e-mail kid_in_japan@

Thank you in advance

Guest guest

I was surprised that Tulsidas believed in varnas "by birth"

This remains to be substantiated. Most likely, the misproof misrepresents Sri Tulsidas altogether.

Guest guest

Ramavats and Sri Tulsidas are Vaishnavas!! Impersonalits? What mockery is this?

gaudias generally claim ramavats to be impersonalists, etc.

Correction. Only Iskcon-Gaudiyas claim this.

1. As far as I understand the initial aspect of God is "Nirguna Brahman" that incarnates as Lord Rama, Lord Vishnu, Lord Krishna, etc. - and Lord Rama is the supreme Incarnation. Am I right? Or ramavats believe that Rama (like Krishna in gaudia sampradaya) is the eternal sourse of all other forms of God, including the impersonal aspect?

Answer: Ramavats believe that PARA Brahma Sri Rama is the eternal source of everything just like Vishishtadwaita Vedanta.

http://www.shriramanandasampraday.org/sampraday.htm

DHAM: According to the Atharva Veda Ahodhya or Saket is the divine Dham (residence) of LORD Rama.

PRINCIPLE: It has Vishistadwaita sidhhanta which is decorate narrated in Vedas "Upanishads" smriti, puranas as well as in the Anandabhashya of Brahma sutra and Upanishads. It says that jivatma, Para Brahma Lord Rama and Prakriti are different from each other elements