IndiaDivine.org

God and Braham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I hear Hindus talk about the main gods Braham, Vishnu, Shiva but I see they talking about God and the kingdom of God. I thought it was Braham and nirvana. Nirvana is something to do with space, no?

Guest guest

the literal meaning of nirvana (i think) is "devoid of forest" - meaning the obstacles of the material removed - i.e. liberation.

there are a few schools of thought on the matter of liberation and brahman - just do a search on this forum and you;ll see the extent.

Brahma-Creation

Shiva-Destruction

Vishnu-Maintainence

Brahma is born of Vishnu Navel. Shiva is born of Brahma forehead. They work together to main this creation.

Brahman is that which is beyond the sences or sence perception. That is God, and God in His personality is still beyond this. So we have Brahman [impersonal Brahamjyoti] and Bhagavan [supreme Brahman]. The Rays [brahmajyoti] is goal of Jnana-yogis. [Merge]. Just below this is the Stage which is called Nirvana [buddists want this]. Beyond Brahmajyoti [hey!] is Krsnaloka. THis is the Goal of Bhakti-yogis. Right under all this is the heavenly planets the goal of Karma-yogis. I hope that is clear enough.

Now and again Krishna incarnates in this World. The main incarnation was 500 Years ago as you know. [Gauranga Mahaprabhu]

Guest guest

Where did you learn that Shiva is born from Brahma's forhead? and that brahma sprouts from vishnu's navel?

The fact is that Shiv is born from Garbhodakshayi vishnu and brahma from barbhodakshayi's naval and Kshirodakshayi vishnu from garbhodakshayi's heart region.

Garbhodakshayi himself is born from the mahatatva which is from pradhan purush who is from Maha vishnu who is from, Brahm who is from Parbrahm Vasudev in Golok.