IndiaDivine.org

buying art and music...whats ethical?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Iskcon art, books and muscic is normally reproduced by several merchants in Loi Bazaar - Vrndavan. In trying 2 shop for temple gift shops, the prices are low and facilitate us in trying to help others to "always remember Krsna and never forget Him." However, i am concerned that by doing this, am I offending the artist or authors who are devotees? I feel it is little unethical yet those who the goods are provided to in our gift shops and festivals are always thrilled to acquire them. Can some of you please tell me what is the correct thing to do?

"Iskcon art, books and muscic is normally reproduced by several merchants in Loi Bazaar "

merchants and krsna are both vrindaban residents.. we cannot enter in their relationship. Krsna's image is not property of iskcon or bbt.. krsna's image is property of radharani and vrajabasis

"I feel it is little unethical yet those who the goods are provided to in our gift shops and festivals are always thrilled to acquire them"

if someone can sell the same things provided by the iskcon gift shop at a lower price, it is evident that the iskcon can also lower the prices to beat them commercially and remain with a good profit..

but iskcon does not lower the prices because many devotees want to buy in iskcon.. because they feel to contribute to iskcon, because they feel to betray iskcon if the buy outside and so on..

for this reason iskcon's prices will be forever higher than others