IndiaDivine.org

SO MUCH FOR BRITISH CIVILITY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

7/7 'revenge' attack on disabled Asian

Indo-Asian News Service

London, Aug 5 (IANS) Backlash against the July 7 bombings here is taking on racial dimensions with a disabled Hindu man attacked and called Al Qaeda, an Asian human rights campaigner has said.

Describing the case as "very serious," Suresh Grover of The Monitoring Group said the disabled Hindu man was beaten up by his neighbours and left with severe head injuries, the Independent reported.

"We have had calls from South Americans, Eastern Europeans, Hindus and Sikhs. Ten to 15 percent are people who are a different religion to Muslims," he said in comments reported Thursday.

Grover, a well-known anti-racist activist here, said the scale of the attacks were unprecedented, both in number and severity, in his group's 26-year history.

"We have received over 200 percent more calls since July 7. I myself have dealt with 83 emergency calls. It is not just abuse, a frightening level is actually attacks," he said.

His comments came as police Wednesday reported a 600 percent rise in violence against Muslims and mosques across Britain since the 7/7 bombings, in which more than 52 people died.

"We have restaurant owners receiving visits from people threatening to burn down the building, a 24-year-old Turkish guy who was senselessly beaten in a park, an Iraqi schoolgirl in Devon who was beaten and an old woman who was attacked by boys outside her house in Ealing, west London," said Grover.

"Other drivers have started putting two fingers up and calling me a terrorist. I have never experienced anything like that before," he added.

--Indo-Asian News Service

Happens in the first place. People can't tell who's Muslim, Sikh or Indian. Who are these people doing the beatings Impersonalists? They see all living beings as one. Except white people who have the Brahamajyoti covering thier faces.! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

All that meat in McDonalds and Burger King, must be having some effect, do Muslims also eat beef? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Guest guest

Sick people beating a school girl...... disabled people....so much bravery....they should now beat old people....to show their british might....unbeilievably sick

amazingly sick..