IndiaDivine.org

Thinking of Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is it called Smarana?

I'd like to know whether someone has tried this method to control the mind. If the mind wanders, instead of controlling it (which is sooooo tough), is it wise to let it wander but toward Krishna? Am I making sense? For instance, if there is lust, can one think of baby Krishna and imagine his innocence, so that the lust could away instead of fighting with it? If there's fear, to think of Narasimha avatar for courage and so on.

I hope you understand. I am not saying one should direct these thoughts and emotions to Krishna, rather think of the opposite in terms of Krishna and his avatars. Is that a correct approach, because my fight with the rebellious mind is getting me nowhere.

If someone has tried this method, please let me know in what forms you imagine the Lord to deal with specific problems. Supposing you're tempted to bribe someone or do something unethical, do you recall any particular event in Lord Ram's adventure where he represents all that is good, moral and ethical, thereby killing your urge. Hope you're getting it. I want specific events in the Lord's pastimes to deal with specific problems.

The common problems of the mind and solutions:

1) Aimless thinking-----what's the corresponding event in the Lord's pastimes

2) Fear-----same as above

3) Anger

4) Greed

5) Lust

6) Jealousy