IndiaDivine.org

Are donations made to ISKCON invested...?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The donations are used for running the temple. I know for example that the temple I attend is a small one, but it is in an expensive area. The temple alone cannot make it on what they receive in donations. The TP has a few small seasonal businesses that he opens up and makes a good chunk of change to get the temple through. So, no, as far as I know, it is not invested, at least not at my temple!

Oh, I'm considering the sales of books and other items as donations. So are the temples independently run? For example, is all of the money raised by the temples pooled together and then distributed evenly?

most temples are run independently. donations for books are managed locally as well. net gain from book distribution is not that great, as it obviously costs money to print and distribute them. a portion of that book money is managed more or less centrally by the BBT (Bhaktivedanta Book Trust) to cover costs of book translation, editing, etc. and other related projects.