IndiaDivine.org

Santoshimatha vratham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am doing sontoshi maa vratha.there i came across a word CHINTHAMANI MANTRAM .WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.aLSO I HAD GONE THROUGH MANY WEBSITES FOR CORRECT practice of vrata since i dont have a proper book and i am staying at usa.can any one help me?

AS far as i know the Goddess Santoshi is not mentioned in any of the Puranas and ithihasas, her worship became more widespread during the 60s and 70s after a film of her (jai Santoshi ma) was made. And it is beleived she is a local goddess from possibly NW india who later became popular in recent years as did her 'vrata' or fast. Like a lot of of the worship of minor-local dieties like Santoshi the worship is often very simple and lacks the mantras and protocal laid down in scriptures, so i rekon you will not find any proper specifications or mantras on how to so Santoshi vrata. I you desire to honuor Devi through some vrat you should oberserve vratas which are more close to the scriptures... so FAsting on Tuesdays, Fridays, Astami or Navarathri in honuor of Durga/parvati and thre are many mantras and prayers for that given in the scriptures such as the Durga saptasati in the Markandeya purana and Tantras. Also instead of doin Santoshi vrata on a Friday you should try doing Vrata for Lakshmi.