IndiaDivine.org

Eclipse

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As this is a Solar eclipse, we should stop eating twelve hours before:

Stop eating Sunday, 2nd October at 20:48

Eclipse Starts, Monday, 3rd October at 08:48

Eclipse Ends, Monday, 3rd October at 11:19

At the end of the Eclipse, we should take a bath with all clothes on and any clothes that you may have touched should also be washed. The kitchen should be cleansed the night before, by throwing away all cooked food and washing and cleaning the kitchen. This way all is clean and purified for the seva of Bhagwan Shri Krishna at the end of the Eclipse.

JAy Swaminarayan

What do you mean by "impure"? I wear my clothes then put them in the washing machine. I wear my body and put it in the shower. I do this daily.

What is the signifigance of bathing with my clothes on when they will not be cleaned like that nor will my body become clean with my clothes on.

Do you actually do this? And how does it relate to an eclipse?

I tell you why right? Because as soon as the eclipse is on and then over, the body and soul both become prone to tamogun or the attribute of evil. Everything you touch also becomes like that. So all the clothes you have on your body or touch also become such.

So it is ideal not to touch any clothing or food. This is within Vyas bhagwans text. You want the quote?

Just like a lady whilst on her menstruation isnt allowed to touch clothing until after her bath with her clothes on, on the 4th day. In the same way on sutak and grahan has the same concept.

Its not as easy as the washing machine etc. As you would be touching many other things on the way to the washing machine. Once you have bathed after the eclipse with your clothes on, after this you can put your clothes in the washing machine.

First things first bathe yourselves before worshipping God or eating.

Hello Guest,

I totally respect your beliefs so please don't take this as anything insulting - not intended that way. Just a few questions/opinions...

Because as soon as the eclipse is on and then over, the body and soul both become prone to tamogun or the attribute of evil...This is within Vyas bhagwans text. You want the quote?

I can believe the body being contaminated, but the soul is always pure. It isn't touched by the material world, including the three Gunas (someone i am sure can give you a quote from Gita for this). Regarding the quote from Vyaas Bhagavans' text, --- YES PLEASE /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its not as easy as the washing machine etc. As you would be touching many other things on the way to the washing machine.

You'd probably be touching lots of things on the way to the shower too. Touching things is unavoidable. Your feet touch the Mother Earth, does that make her impure? Guest, again let me reiterate that i respect your beliefs so pls don't take offense but may i just say that the Vedas are not meant to be impractical. You do things according to practicality. You're BOUND to touch all sorts of stuff when you are impure, so it's just impratical to say you can't touch anything.

First things first bathe yourselves before worshipping God or eating.

OK, I take your point. But if you love God with all your heart, the purity of your body matters very little. Then again, few in this world love God in this way.

G.

Yeh i was mistaken about the soul. But who knows where the washing machine lays? If its in the kitchen you could touch food. Also food shuddhi is important. As what you eat also affects the mind such as meat is tamoguni. So food becomes impure.