IndiaDivine.org

How to settle in Vrindavan?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is there any ashram that practices vaishnavam, where I can settle. I am planning to take sanyas, but I want to do so at the hands of a bonafide guru. Please point me to the right path.

Haribol!

i have nothing against sri chaitanya sarasvata math.. but i am speaking specifically of sri krsna chaitanya mission

go ti seva kunja and you'll find it very easily

srila bhaktivaibhava puri maharaja gives harinama, diksa and sannyasa to the people who are fit

you can stay there

on that site you gave me, there was an email address but is it an email for the Indian math or Croatia? Can I simply email them and ask them for info? Would that be polite or acceptable?

Thanks again.

i don't know if they have computer facilities in vrindavan..

in vrindavan the majority speaks english, so there's not problem, they're very kind, and there's a lot of western devotees since 1970 or so...

if you want to go in india to practice spiritual life, vrindavana is without doubt the best place. And it is quite easy to go there and to find a place where to stay..

there are many hotels at any price, and be prapared to not be admitted immediately in chaitanya mission or any other math even if you contact them before by email...

obviously it is not impossibile and it can happen immediately or after little time...

it is only up to you to show sincerity and devotion...

--

i am leaving for vrindavan this saturday

You said you were going to Vrindavan this saturday. It seems as if you're experienced and been there before, so can you share your experiences with us. It will give us a better idea on what to expect there.

i have been in vrindavan five times...

it is a very pleasurable and deep experience, the most amazing fact is that it is possibile to see everywhere in an amazing variety, people completely devoted to sri krsna bhagavan..... and this make me feel very little, very fallen and unfortunate...

on the practical side, i found everything quite easy and happy... to eat, to buy food, to make some shopping, to travel visiting holy places are in themselves nice and spiritually valuable experiences

even if i feel sick or tired and i stay all the afternoon seated near krsna balarama mandhir's gate, or in chaitanya mission near seva kunja, or in radha damodhara temple near prabhupada's rooms , or in banke bihari....... simply watching all the variety of devotees coming, gives to me a great fun... like watching the most amazing movie

to have been there. Did you experience anything mystical, like seeing visions of vrindavan lila and such? Also, where are you from? I thought people of vrindavan, as all people in kali yuga, were fallen. Are you saying they are all bhaktas. It is so hard to believe but heartening just the same.

to have been there. Did you experience anything mystical, like seeing visions of vrindavan lila and such?

--nooooo... never..... i'm a neophite!

I thought people of vrindavan, as all people in kali yuga, were fallen. Are you saying they are all bhaktas

--yes.. they're all bhaktas.. you can't live (and love) in vrindavan without the permission of sri radhika.