IndiaDivine.org

Proposal for Starting a Preaching Center in Dallas, USA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

BY: GADADHAR DASA

Nov 3, USA (SUN) — This is a "Proposal for Starting a Preaching Center". Towards that end, I am presenting below "My Current Situation" for consideration by like minded devotees and for their valued input/suggestions.

(1) I have a paid up house and a well paying job in Dallas and I intend to stay here as long as I have a job. I am 59 and may not look for another job if this one is lost. We have a "Dollar Store" which we are in the process of closing.

(2) I would like to support a preaching center with focus on Book Distribution in Dallas if 4 or 5 devotees come together and want to do it.

(3) The reason I insist on staying here is that I have lot of friends in Indian Community and they may help me if I have some thing to show - in terms of devotees and facilities - some thing visible that they can grasp and relate to. They helped me in past and I hope they will do it again provided I have some thing to show. I can donate money on a monthly basis and I can help physically. That is what I can do now in regard to preaching center.

(4) My wife can be of great help in this pursuit if the atmosphere is right and she wants to stay here. She used to cook Sunday Feast at Dallas ISKCON for 9 years for 250 to 300 guests.

(5) In few years I will have income from Social Security and I am willing to use it to support preaching programs.

(6) So if 4 or 5 like minded devotees come together, I will be happy to have their association and I will try my best to provide as much help as I can in establishing such a preaching center.

That is my situation. I have tried to be as much open and forthcoming as possible in presenting above information. Please share your situation with me if you so desire. Please email your valued input/suggestions to gordhan.goyani@verizon.com, or contact me at 972-492-0188.

Please consider above points and see if we can come together and help each other in service to HDG Srila Prabhupada and Lord Krishna.

Wishing You All Well,

YS- Gadadhar Dasa