IndiaDivine.org

Who says Krishna is the Supreme?

Rate this topic

krsna

November 4th, 2005

I have a discussion with a mayavadi who says that Krsna is not the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Originally there were only 4 Vedas. According to him Krsna’s name is not mentioned in them.

If Krsna was supposed to be the original Supreme Personality of Godhead than His name would definitely be mentioned in these 4 Vedas.

Can someone send me references if and where the name of Krsna is mentioned in the 4 Vedas? And if Krsna’s name is not mentioned there, than why?

Your servant,

Premanjana das

But Vyasa deva complied the Vedas. But was not satisfied with it, so Narada Mani said to compile the Bhagavatam which is THE Cream of the Vedas.

Veda Vyasa is Svayam Narayana, while Narada has avesa of Narayana. This is mentioned in Visnu Purana and in Govinda Bhashya also quoting Visnu Purana.

There is no question of Veda Vyasa, who is Svayam Narayana, Omniscient Lord, being dissatisfied. The explanation of Bhagavatam verse like this looks very superficial to me. Does anybody have a better explanation.

"There is no question of Veda Vyasa, who is Svayam Narayana, Omniscient Lord, being dissatisfied. The explanation of Bhagavatam verse like this looks very superficial to me. Does anybody have a better explanation"

Veda Vyas is a literary incarnation of Krishna and so his pastimes are in accordance to His incarnations. In other words, Veda Vyas is not GOD HImself but He is only a literary expansion of the Lord.

If all incarnations act as GOD personified, then there is no reason for Lord CHaitanya who is GOD personified to go crazy for not seeing Krishna. Lord Chaitanya acted like a madman in search of Krishna to show the world how one should be a devotee of the Lord. Similalry, Veda Vyas was an incarnation of the Lord so he can dispel the darkness in this age and he played that role and Sage Narada came to veda Vyas and asked Him to write the Srimad Bhagavatam for omplete satisfaction.

Haribol!

anand

"Can someone send me references if and where the name of Krsna is mentioned in the 4 Vedas? And if Krsna’s name is not mentioned there, than why?"

there is no mention of Krishna in the Vedas, because of two main reasons:

1. Historical.

Vedas are obviously much older than Krishna's direct incarnation 5000 years ago. He comes as Himself only once in the day of Brahma. As Krsna says in BG (4.2):

"This supreme science was thus received through the chain of disciplic succession, and the saintly kings understood it in that way. But in course of time the succession was broken, and therefore the science as it is appears to be lost."

There was obviously worship of Lord Vishnu as The Supreme Lord in the Vedas, but not Lord Krishna.

2. Rasik

Vedas are meant for a different audience in terms of spiritual taste. Also, the pastimes of Lord Krishna here on earth would be hindered if there was common knowledge of His sweet and un-Vishnu like nature and activities.