IndiaDivine.org

If one offers Me with love & devotion a leaf, flower,fruit or water, I will accept it

Rate this topic

krsna

• 4 weeks later...

HARE KRISHNA !!

HOW IS THIS VERSE RELATED TO BEING VEGITARIAN ? I QUOTED TO SOME ONE & THEY SAY ITS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING VEGITARIAN..BUT JUST SHOWS HOW SIMPLE IT IS TO BE DEVOTED THE LORD,HE ACCEPTD JUST ABOUT ANYTHING OPPULENT OR SIMPLE & SMALL

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

HARE KRISHNA !!

HOW IS THIS VERSE RELATED TO BEING VEGITARIAN ? I QUOTED TO SOME ONE & THEY SAY ITS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING VEGITARIAN..BUT JUST SHOWS HOW SIMPLE IT IS TO BE DEVOTED THE LORD,HE ACCEPTD JUST ABOUT ANYTHING OPPULENT OR SIMPLE & SMALL

Krishna, the Supreme Person, in His Infinite Mercy, is letting us know what is acceptable for us to offer to Him. It relates to being a vegetarian in that He does not say it is acceptable to offer to Him a rotting bit of dead flesh, i.e. meat. This would be most offensive. And only food that is first offered to Him is free from karmic reaction, so it is highly desirable to offer all one's foodstuffs to dear Lord Krishna before consumption.

Haribol. 8)

Further along the lines of being vegetarian, please see the verse in Gita chapter 3, "yajnarthat karmano 'nyatra..."

"Everything must be done as a sarcifice to God, otherwise every single action binds us in this world through karma."

All the food we eat and every action we perform is creating a network of reactions that bind us. The only to be free from bondage is to perform these actions as a sacrifice to Krishna. With food this is done by offering it to Him. There are many verses in the scriptures that tell us what can be offered to Krishna, and there are many historical examples of what are offered to Krishna in temples throughout India. No temple of Krishna offers nonvegetarian food, nor onion, nor garlic, as these are forbidden in scripture.

Even eating vegetarian food, if not first offered to Krishna, is binding us to samsara through karma. Every action must be somehow linked to Him. This is the process of yoga.

Guest guest

Yes. So true!!

Lord SadaShiva says exactly the same thing in Shiv Gita to Ramachandra!

"If one offers me a fruit, leaf or just water with devotion, I will accept it and bestow my blessings."

"If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it."

Bhagavad-gita 3.19, 4.38, 6.11–12, 9.23

Bhakti to Krsna is the goal.

To love Krsna, to get Krsna.

How many of us REALLY want Krsna?