IndiaDivine.org

How to Become a Hindu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why do you want to become a Hindu? or a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and etc.

Surely there is some benefit in all these practices but it's never enough to completely satisfy us.

Krishna teaches that we should give up all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Him in love.

Love for God is the ultimate essence and goal of all religious processes and fortunately in this fallen age that goal can be acquired directly just by chanting the names of God, Hare Krishna Hare Rama for example.

YB

Therefore fighting: “I am Hindu,” “I am Muslim,” “I am Christian.” Nobody knows religion. You see? They have given up religion, these rascals. There is no religion.

The real religion is this, Krishna consciousness, which teaches how to love God. That’s all. That is religion. Any religion, it doesn’t matter whether Hindu religion, Muslim religion, Christian religion, if you are developing love of God, then you are perfect in your religion. That is the test.

sa vai pumsam paro dharma

yato bhaktir adhokshaje

ahaituky apratihata

yayatma suprasidati

This is Bhagavata religion. That is first-class religion. What is that? Yatah, by executing the religious principles, if you develop your love for the Supreme, who is beyond expression of your words and beyond the activities of your mind... Adhokshaja. This very word is used, adhokshaja: where your material senses cannot approach. And what kind of that love? Ahaituki, without any cause. “O Lord, I love You, God, because You supply me so many nice things. You are order-supplier.” No. Not that sort of love. Without any exchange. That is taught by Caitanya Mahaprabhu, that “Whatever You do...”

-A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Sri Isopanishad, Mantra 1

Los Angeles, May 3, 1970