IndiaDivine.org

Is duryodana a better devotee than us?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

He had the chance to see lord krishna when He was here, he probably got the chance to talk to Him, to spend time with him, even if duryodhana didn't really wish for it, krishna forced duryodhana to do many things , he played lilas where duryodhana was a part. Are we more fallen than king duryodhana to not be able to see the lord with our eyes?

We are much more sinful. But Lord Caitanya has come...more merciful than Krishna and given us the holy names. So Chant hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare and be happy. Even though we are worse of than him we have more mercy. So take advantage of this life and perfect your existence and pray that i do too.

Krishna is absolute and so is His name and instructions in the Bhagavad Gita. When Lord Krishna left the planet Arjun was despondant but he recalled the instructions of Lord Krishna and found solace there in. Lets try to do the same.

"The Lord was acting as the spiritual master of Arjuna. Therefore it was His duty to inquire from Arjuna whether he understood the whole Bhagavad-gita in its proper perspective. If not, the Lord was ready to re-explain any point, or the whole Bhagavad-gita if so required. Actually, anyone who hears Bhagavad-gita from a bona fide spiritual master like Krsna or His representative will find that all his ignorance is dispelled. Bhagavad-gita is not an ordinary book written by a poet or fiction writer; it is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Any person fortunate enough to hear these teachings from Krsna or from His bona fide spiritual representative is sure to become a liberated person and get out of the darkness of ignorance."

Bg 18.72

Krsna was teaching Bhagavad-gita, and Arjuna was seeing Him face to face, but seeing Krsna and reading Bhagavad-gita are the same. Some people say that Arjuna was fortunate to have seen Krsna face to face and take instructions from Him, but Krsna can be seen immediately, provided one has the eyes to see. There is the example in Caitanya-caritamrta of a brahmana in South India who was reading Bhagavad-gita, although he was illiterate. The people in the neighborhood knew that he was illiterate, and they made jokes, asking him, "Well, how is it you are reading Bhagavad-gita?" One day Caitanya Mahaprabhu happened to be in a temple nearby, and He could understand that this man was a devotee. He therefore approached him and asked, "My dear brahmana, what are you reading?" The brahmana replied, "I am reading Bhagavad-gita, or, rather, I am trying to read Bhagavad-gita. I happen to be illiterate, but my guru-maharaja has said that I must read the eighteen chapters of Bhagavad-gita daily. I am simply trying to carry out his order, and therefore I am opening and closing the pages." Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "I see that you are crying sometimes. Why is this?" The brahmana replied, "Yes, I am crying because when I take up this book, I see a picture of Krsna driving Arjuna's chariot. Sri Krsna is so kind that He has accepted the position of a servant to His devotee. Therefore when I see this picture, I weep." Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu then immediately embraced the brahmana and said, "You have actually read Bhagavad-gita."TLK Vs 25-26

Atlanta, February 28, 1975

Prabhupäda: So I am very glad to see you, and I am coming first of all Mexico City?

Devotee: Yes.

Prabhupäda: So Mexico City, then Caracas, then...

Devotee: Miami.

Prabhupäda: Miami. So I see your temple is the best.

Devotees: Jaya! Hari bol!

Prabhupäda: So, Caitanya Mahäprabhu is very kind. Parama karuna, pahü dui jana. Two Lords, Nitäi-Gauracandra, Nityänanda Prabhu and Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu, They are very kind, you see? They have appeared just to reclaim the fallen souls of this age. So They are more kind than Krsna. Krsna, He is also very kind. He comes to deliver. But Krsna demands that first of all surrender. Caitanya Mahäprabhu even does not demand surrender. He is so kind. (voice choking) So take shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu and be happy. Thank you very much. (weeping) (end)