IndiaDivine.org

even small acts of service never go in vain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SB 8.5.48: Activities dedicated to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, even if performed in small measure, never go in vain. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, being the supreme father, is naturally very dear and always ready to act for the good of the living entities.

This is an encouraging verse. Not many of us will head up big big projects of various kinds like building temples, distributing a million books or leading hundrteds of disciples or formally even one. We are the small timers, never noticed much by the community of devotees.

But that is all right as long as we dedicate our small activities to the Lord they never go in vain.

Also it say that the Lord being the supreme father of all living entities is always ready to act for their(our)

good. So from that we know that along as we act for the good of all living enties we will be dovetailed to the will of the Lord.

So what I take from this is that if I want to do some service for the Lord's pleasure I should simply go out and help somebody. Krishna consciousness is the highest welfare work so if we can reach one person everyday with the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita our tiny efforts will not go in vain. And it is this that determines if our lives have any real meaning/value or not.