IndiaDivine.org

Lord's plates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol. I have started service washing Lord's plates after bhoga arati at temple. Just wondering what is policy for cleaning them. I was told that we can only use hot water. Cannot use any sunlight liquid to get ghee or any stuck prasadam out. Is it same in India ?

We wash with sunlight liquid in our temple. Why are you not allowed to use soap? The final rinse is with hot water and then it is dried and packed away.

Heres a nice meditation in connection with your service.

"One incident reveals how I came to understand that the pure devotee is in touch with Krsna and that Krsna tells him everything. I used to wash the Deity plates after the morning offering, and I didn't like this service at all. One day, the temple president came into the kitchen and declared, 'Prabhupada says that the Deity plates are dirty. Krsna has told him. He requests that this be corrected immediately.' I thought, 'Oh, no, this is my fault; I didn't wash them carefully enough.'

>>> Ref. VedaBase => SPDG 7: Changing Winds

This is straight after prasadam has been put into pots used for cooking. I am at a temple in New Zealand. Where are you ?

I enjoy the service immensely, but just wish that I could use some cleaning agent to completely remove any curry or prasadam remainder from lord's plates, other than using hot water. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Haribol. That is very nice to hear. I came from South Africa nearly 8 years ago now. I used to live in Durban and go to see Sri Sri Radhanath at Durban temple. Where dou you serve ? Is is possible to have your e-mail so that we can keep in contact.

Haribol