IndiaDivine.org

How long is the Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I read that the Gita is 700 verses? And I located the book as krishna.com. The Bhagavad Gita As It Is was 636 pages. Is most of that comentary? And the Srimad Bhagavatam was presented in 12 volumes. How many verses are there in the Srimad Bhagavatam? Without comentary or translation would it be able to fit into one book? Also is the Srimad Bhagavatam for the common man to read and understand? Or is it for more advanced devotees?

Gita under guidance of Pure Devotee to understand it. I read it 7 years ago. And recently found new meanings in it. Like the text is more deeper then i thought it was. The Purports give new light. The commentary is of Srila Prabhupada, so it is like having a Guru. But Prabhupada says in Gita you need Guru to understand it.

700 verses for Bhagavad-gita and 18,000 verses for Srimad Bhagavatam.

Anything can fit into one book depending on how big and heavy you want the book.

You start with Bhagavad-gita and then go to Srimad Bhagavatam and then to Caitanya Caritamrta.