IndiaDivine.org

what is love for the spiritual master?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Please accept my humble obeisances to all Vaishnavas.

I am a young woman- or rather a "female bodied" soul- and I have recently recieved mantra initiation from my guru.

I feel a great respect and affection in my heart for my spiritual master but how do I know that it is not materially tainted? I feel a strong expansive feeling in my heart when I communicate with my guru- is it a phsyical feeling- but I have never felt any lustful impulses toward him.

But because the feeling is so strong I feel worried that I may be committing a great offense against my spiritual master by having such a feeling. Is it normal?

What is love for the spiritual master? how is it supposed to feel?

please can someone help me with this inquiry as it is the one thing I cannot ask my spiritual master.

Guest guest

Even if you did a hve a lustful thought toward him, just consider it part of your residual material conditioning, go sincerely on with your vows and service, and it will pass a an effect of your ongoing putification...it's no reason to beat up on yourself.

The feelings you have described are certainly sincere...be happy you have them!

I heard of this one incident between Srila Prabhupada and one of his disciples.

The disciple, somewhat dispairingly,asked Srila Prabhupada, "You send me to the store to get something, but as I am about doing that service I see an attractive woman and experience lust for her. So what is the use?" Prabhupada answered, "The use is that you come back."

Feelings will come and go as changes of the mind, as mentioned above. But fulfilling the service of following guru's instruction despite those feelings is love in practically terms.

Jai Hanuman