IndiaDivine.org

Studying transcriptions...

Rate this topic

Here is an interesting letter from Prabhupada's secretary written in July of 1977. These are the letters that Prabhupada would have the secretary write and then authorize them by signing them himself.

In discussing with His Divine Grace I summarized your desire to have access to all of the many tapes which Golden Avatar has for the purpose of transcribing them into rough manuscript form to be published later on as cross references or in some other form. His Divine Grace was not very enthusiastic at all about this idea. Srila Prabhupada commented, “This is not necessary. My books are sufficient. Let all of my disciples read my books. This idea is over-burden. It will mean to many readings. Let them read whatever is there and digest it. Everything I have wanted to say I have said in my books. This will only be superfluous. Tell him to concentrate on reading my books, not on studying such transcriptions. Does he think he will find something else in these transcriptions that are not in my books?”

Any comments on this?