IndiaDivine.org

Preserving the title of Lord!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I would like to know if there are other titles besides Lord that can be used to address demigods. I preserve the title of Lord for Krishna, the supreme. I'd like to know if in sanskrit scripture only the supreme is given the title of Lord? Or are demigods given the title aswell? Can the title St.(Saint) be used to denote demigod status? Or is the title Lord appropriate?

Guest guest

many people use different names to address the demigods.

for example, instead of saying Lord Shiva, people call Him Sankara, Rudra etc.

Some people even say Shivaji, Ganeshji, Brahmaji etc.....adding the -ji ending as a term of respect.

But it shouldn't really matter. You can use the term Lord also. As long as you know who the true supreme Lord is then there is no harm done. The demigods know they are not the supreme Lord.

And besides this, Krishna will not be angry if you use the term Lord with the demigods. He wants us to show respect to his servants, so saying Lord will teach you the proper respect also.

-Hare Krishna

Namaskar,

Yes, we can say the demi-gods --Lord. But it is much better to call Sri Krishna as Lord and to give full respect to him.

As in Bhagabad Gita, he said that if we worship any other deites and ask for something, Sri Krishna will provide us the result. He also said that by worshiping any deites we would go to Brindaban and by worshiping him, we would get him and we will be free from this world of maya.

So, we should always chant......

"Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare"