IndiaDivine.org

sandalwood pulp

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Forgive me for my ignorance but can someone here tell me what sandalwood pulp is;the thing which is very dear to my Lord sri Krishna.Is it the yellowish watery substance that is give in the temple or is it a another form of sandalwood.Thanks in advance

Sandalwood pulp is made by rubbing a piece of sandalwood on a rough stone with a little water added. As the wood gets ground, it mixes with the water and becomes a pulp. It is usually sand color, but if safron is added while grinding it is yellowish.

What is commonly sold as "sandalwood powder" or "sandalwood paste" in India has nothing to do with sandalwood.

Guest guest

What is commonly sold as "sandalwood powder" or "sandalwood paste" in India has nothing to do with sandalwood.

So that is why they are sold at such a cheap price.Can i ask you what this "sandalwood powder" and "sandalwood paste really made up of.

Can i ask you what this "sandalwood powder" and "sandalwood paste really made up of.

If it is genuine, it would be made from Sandalwood. But the only way to get this would be to make it yourself.

As far as the commercial "Sandalwood paste" and "Sandalwood powder" it is just some chemical fragrances. There is a chemical that has a similar smell as sandalwood oil, which is usually sold as sandalwood oil. Even that is somewhat expensive. The cheaper powders and pastes that are sold in puja shops usually only have cheap perfumes.